• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession)

Page 500 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession

DBotero said:
Bosco10 said:
To top it all off, Lance is again referring to himself as "7x TdF Champ" on Twitter. What's up with dat?

:confused: Well he has won 7 TDF,or maybe i was just seeing things.If i remember right it was live on Eurosport,but what do i know :)

Good News: If you take the Delorean time machine to 2015, you'll have just as many TdF titles as Lance has!

May 26, 2010
Visit site

DBotero said:
Bosco10 said:
To top it all off, Lance is again referring to himself as "7x TdF Champ" on Twitter. What's up with dat?

:confused: Well he has won 7 TDF,or maybe i was just seeing things.If i remember right it was live on Eurosport,but what do i know :)

It appears you dont know much because the rules clearly state that cheats lose their ill gotten gains when caught and MonkeyMouth got caught.

Benotti69 said:
DBotero said:
Bosco10 said:

It appears you dont know much because the rules clearly state that cheats lose their ill gotten gains when caught and MonkeyMouth got caught.

Wow,just wow :eek:

Re:

Unsytherhino said:
Regarding Armstrong doing the charity ride along the TdF route, wouldn't the French Plod have some questions for Lance regarding his admitted use and supply of contraband within French borders? Several nights in a grimy dank prison cell in NW France beckons (only marginally worse than their hotels).

Maybe he should ask St Millar about how those interrogations go.

I would love for the Gendarmes to do this by the way.

Re: Re:

Pazuzu said:
86TDFWinner said:
By the way, if anyone here needs a good laugh, or a WTF moment, here you are(I'm STILL in shock about this & really don;t know what to say). IF this did happen, and TT even fathoms reducing Wonderboys ban, he'll be no more ethical than McQuack, and I'll have lost all respect for him:

http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/03/ ... art_363833

Here's another(and you'll scratch your head at what I highlight):

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/18/sport ... -news&_r=1

Tygart, in an interview, would not confirm the meeting had taken place, and Armstrong’s lawyer, Elliot Peters, did not respond to a telephone message left at his San Francisco office. But Armstrong, 43, has confided to close friends that the meeting went well and that he was hopeful of further talks.

Yikes!!
Yeah it's a bit disconcerting. On the other hand, I'd be OK with a ban reduction if Armstrong actually served up some useful information concerning the UCI. Really, his participating in triathlons isn't going to be all that. He's 43, he'll need to dope in order to compete. If he does, everyone on will know it. If he doesn't, he'll plain old suck, and how much fun will that be?

This is likely more lies and maneuvering by Wonderboy. I don't see any change from him, so, this should end badly.

What he wants is the status/appearance of an athlete so he can reinflate the Wonderboy brand/scam. He knows there are plenty of MAMILs out there with big money to burn and he wants it.

Imagine offering "coaching" like Carmichael, only 10x the price. That would be small time for him. Nike would pay to have him wear the swoosh at marathons where he does a 3:30.

Money! Power! Fraud! Brand! He's a champion of something they haven't made up yet. This is cycling after all.

Bosco10 said:
DBotero said:
Bosco10 said:

Good News: If you take the Delorean time machine to 2015, you'll have just as many TdF titles as Lance has!

Pity Marty n Biff didn't show SCA Prommotions that sports almanac

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Re:

neineinei said:
Hein&Pats heads on a platter + detailed admission of doping in the comeback = ban reduced to 8 years.
I can't image he'd spill the beans for an 8 year ban. Even if it's backdated to when the USADA reasoned decision came down, Armstrong would be in his late 40s. That much slower and further removed from public consciousness. He wants to be immediately reinstated.

Thing is, even if he could compete in triathlons tomorrow, it's not going to be like he imagines, with adoring audiences and such. The first race would get some attention due to his notoriety, and after that, not so much. Unless, he does really, really well. Which will raise eyebrows and lead to sneering speculation.

Any claims he's racing to raise cancer awareness will be met with general indifference (at best) and rolling of the eyes (at worst). This hand has been overplayed.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Pazuzu said:
neineinei said:
Hein&Pats heads on a platter + detailed admission of doping in the comeback = ban reduced to 8 years.
I can't image he'd spill the beans for an 8 year ban. Even if it's backdated to when the USADA reasoned decision came down, Armstrong would be in his late 40s. That much slower and further removed from public consciousness. He wants to be immediately reinstated.

Thing is, even if he could compete in triathlons tomorrow, it's not going to be like he imagines, with adoring audiences and such. The first race would get some attention due to his notoriety, and after that, not so much. Unless, he does really, really well. Which will raise eyebrows and lead to sneering speculation.

Any claims he's racing to raise cancer awareness will be met with general indifference (at best) and rolling of the eyes (at worst). This hand has been overplayed.

Pretty much this.

I cant see the 'swoosh' being interested in a unrepentant cheater, doper and greatest sporting fraud ever. Not going to sell much merchandise with MonkeyMouth on it.

Re:

neineinei said:

A NADO has no authority to sanction a federation. That's why the IAAF and even the UCI investigate themselves.

What might happen is a plea deal in the Federal case. With Thom and Tailwind back in, maybe Wonderboy is in a terrible position

This is likely more lies and maneuvering by Wonderboy. I don't see any change from him, so, this should end badly.

What he wants is the status/appearance of an athlete so he can reinflate the Wonderboy brand/scam. He knows there are plenty of MAMILs out there with big money to burn and he wants it.

Imagine offering "coaching" like Carmichael, only 10x the price. That would be small time for him. Nike would pay to have him wear the swoosh at marathons where he does a 3:30.

Money! Power! Fraud! Brand! He's a champion of something they haven't made up yet. This is cycling after all.
DW has hit the nail on the head. Keep in mind LA is not the brightest star in the universe. He still actually believes he has cachet. What he does not grasp is that no one cares about him. People in the USA who would invite him to grand fondos, races etc. are fools. LA has a dysfunctional obsession about his legacy. The real unvarnished truth is he is a serial liar, cheat and fraudster. Stop. End of story. There is no room for Lance Armstrong in sport period. No cycling organization of any kind should give him the time of day!

RobbieCanuck said:
There is no room for Lance Armstrong in sport period. No cycling organization of any kind should give him the time of day!

If only the guy responsible for inflating the Armstrong scam wasn't still running the federation. :mad:

Now Thom is moving things around at the federation. Membership is down, revenues are down, number of races is down, number of national elite races is way down, at an organization that has a monopoly. In Thom's mind, bringing Armstrong in would be "better" for the sport.

They would give him a hero's welcome at USACDF. Thom cannot see, cannot imagine, how doping is bad. Not kidding. The same federation invited a USPS rider to speak at a Junior training camp in 2014.

Benotti69 said:
Pazuzu said:
Pretty much this.

I cant see the 'swoosh' being interested in a unrepentant cheater, doper and greatest sporting fraud ever. Not going to sell much merchandise with MonkeyMouth on it.

But, Nike didn't seem to have any issues continuing to funnel large amounts of $$$ to Wonderboy, and the ONLY reason they jumped off his ship, was to try to save face, and because everyone else did. Hell, I bet Jokely and Trek will jump on board again too, to get their riches just like last time. :rolleyes:

DirtyWorks said:
Pazuzu said:

Totally agree. However, Wonderboy isn't smart enough to comprehend all of this. OTOH, Maybe he is, and he's just doing this to try to get more money, because he knows VERY SOON, he'll be VERY BROKE.

Re:

frenchfry said:
WADA says that Armstrong's contribution to the CIRC wasn't enough to justify a reduction of his suspension. David Howman was quoted as saying the information he provided was basically worthless.

http://www.lemonde.fr/sport/article/201 ... _3242.html

We all kind of figured, eh? I mean, for some reason, Wonderboy still holds onto these delusions of grandeur that he'll somehow be re instated, and he'll go on to once again become america's "Cancer Jesus", and all will worship at the altar. He honestly believes that by continually spinning the same story over and over again, people will feel sorry for him. He'll never give up everything. In reality though, he has zero chance of this happening again. I have to admit, it is funny watching him continue making an embarrassment of himself trying.

Good on you Wonderboy!! Keep fighting the good fight. :rolleyes:

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site

86TDFWinner said:
We all kind of figured, eh? I mean, for some reason, Wonderboy still holds onto these delusions of grandeur that he'll somehow be re instated, and he'll go on to once again become america's "Cancer Jesus", and all will worship at the altar. He honestly believes that by continually spinning the same story over and over again, people will feel sorry for him. He'll never give up everything. In reality though, he has zero chance of this happening again. I have to admit, it is funny watching him continue making an embarrassment of himself trying.
Or... he could wear people down and get his way through sheer persistence. I'd hope that wouldn't be the case. But one never knows.

BTW, aren't there a couple of movies in the works - dramatic reenactments - about Armstrong's grand doping caper? It'll be interesting to see how the old dog is portrayed, and how said portrayal affects the public's opinion of him. Will he be an object of sympathy or disdain? Or will the public yawn with disinterest?

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme-sur-rout ... ong/545589

I don't know if the link will work, but in l'Equipe today, Stephen Roach supported Wonderboy doing the TdF one day ahead thing. "It's for a good cause. He didn't kill anybody". I used to like Roach. No mas. His stance over the years raises questions about his own cleanliness, no doubt his once GT contender now domestique son was loaded, simply put, he's part of the problem.

BTW, much to my dismay, Wonderboy doesn't seem to be part of any current investigation in France. There were some proceedings years ago, but for one reason (politics - saving what's left of the image of the TdF, July's opium of the French unemployed working class) or another (allocating resources to anti-terrorism), cases were closed. Unless something big and new compels it, he's clear. No handcuffs and black eyed mug shot to be expected. Too bad.

Re:

Tonton said:
http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme-sur-route/Actualites/Roche-approuve-armstrong/545589

I don't know if the link will work, but in l'Equipe today, Stephen Roach supported Wonderboy doing the TdF one day ahead thing. "It's for a good cause. He didn't kill anybody". I used to like Roach. No mas. His stance over the years raises questions about his own cleanliness, no doubt his once GT contender now domestique son was loaded, simply put, he's part of the problem.

Yeah, Roche is a part of the problem too, sadly. Roche is like Miggy in a sense that EVERYONE knows he's a doper, but refuses to answer any questions about it. At least Miggy knows to stay away and fly under the radar, and no one will mess with him. Roche can't seem to do that & is a POS too, f&^% him. A doper, supporting other dopers, great huh?

TRENDING THREADS