• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Movistar Thread - New Unzue's Team

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
DAOTEC said:
Many thanks to my buddy the swordsman will see that the enlisting below is pretty accurate not to say to the point, and with Contador with it in 2012 Unzué is all set.
I wasn't questioning your accuracy when I posted the link to the Bici list of 20 riders. I just thought it was a good opportunity to confirm 20 of the names on the list. Sorry if you took it wrong, but if you look through the thread, all I've done is provide info and links.

I don't know most of the riders by name, and I never read your list. I do my usual search of cycling news stories, and when there's one with a Movistar signing, I share it here, like I did this morning.

CheeseHead said:
Strange in a way. Sinkewitz signed/prolongued with ISD (Farnese Vini in 2011) right after the Giro di Romagna, just two weeks ago. Maybe a buy out?

Could have been prelim and conditional, allowing him to opt out if a better option came in within a set time period or something.

It seems that Movistar have a "good ride in Portugal? Not on Portuguese team? You're in" standing policy.

to developt young riders you need some1 with experience for them to learn from.

also how can they hire Sinkewitz and not hire the likes of andre cardoso and hernani broco who are a lot cheaper and have completely outclassed sinkewitz in the volta? tho if they were to hire them just to make them some sort of third tier domestic who will never have a chance of riding anything for himself, i would rather watch them every year in the volta on some portuguese small team.

p.s. just thought about this cus of libertine's post

Parrulo said:
to developt young riders you need some1 with experience for them to learn from.

also how can they hire Sinkewitz and not hire the likes of andre cardoso and hernani broco who are a lot cheaper and have completely outclassed sinkewitz in the volta? tho if they were to hire them just to make them some sort of third tier domestic who will never have a chance of riding anything for himself, i would rather watch them every year in the volta on some portuguese small team.

p.s. just thought about this cus of libertine's post

I'm not sure I'd say Cardoso and Brôco completely outclassed Sinkewitz given that those riders work all year for the Volta, and Sinkewitz had been without a team until June.

I'd love to see Hernâni move up a level (he had been criminally underutilised at Liberty), and Andre certainly deserves it, but given what he can bring to the table in one-day races and week-long races I can see why they would want to go for Sinkewitz.

Then again, Movistar already have a lot of short-Tour guys and guys who can do a good GT but probably not podium without exceptional circumstances, what with Tondó, Arroyo, Bruseghin, Soler, Urán, Plaza and Intxausti.

They'll be very visible wherever they go, at least - they've shown in the last few months since Valverde's ban that they're prepared to take some massive risks and animate races...

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
he resigned but was offered to let go because of cervelo guys, I think he saw movistars interest and knew at that team he could still have a free role in his races, especially the cobble races

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
DAOTEC said:
What is this then for bloody nonsense from Velonation: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5731/Fischer-staying-put-no-intention-of-leaving-Garmin-Transitions.aspx

Fischer meets today with Unzué to sign to become a Movistar for 2011/13.

It's from a Biciciclismo story. Velonation did their article before Bici updated. Fischer said he was happy with Garmin, had a contract through 2012, and would sign a ten year deal if he could.

The update added that Fischer's manager is meeting with Movistar today, with the idea that the merger with Cervelo might leave a way out. But if he's signing something today, he managed to get out of his contract lightning fast.

Here's the part that led to the Velonation story.

Brazilian Murilo Fischer has denied rumors that his move to Team Movistar, which has already observed BICICICLISMO sources of the Navarre. "Sobre el asunto Movistar, como ya dije antes, estoy feliz en el Garmin y con contrato hasta 2012", aclara en su twitter. "On the issue Movistar, as I said before, I'm happy at Garmin and under contract until 2012," he explains on his twitter.

And his tweet from September 18th

@MuriloFischerMF
Sobre o assunto Movistar, como ja falei antes, estou feliz na Garmin e com contrato ate 2012!! Ok???

Movistar on the subject, as we said before, I'm happy with the Garmin and contract until 2012! Ok??? 8:04 AM Sep 18th via Twitter for BlackBerry®