• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official thread - TdF Stage 6 Gérone - Barcelone (181.5 km)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Lol where have i displayed hatred?
I don't like they guy, but i haven't really posted anything negative about the guy. well not to a hatred extent :p

All i meant was he isn't the only cyclist who could achieve what he did.

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
I am posting your retort about me making him to be a super cyclist any more than many think hes anti-crist

If you guys think im going to go away and not stand up for Cadel well you need a reality check

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
Live Report

Susan,
The live report on CyclingNews now shows some power data of a handful of riders. This power data is completely meaningless without some associated duration. e.g. Anyone who rides a bike can produce 410W for a short duration, but over 5 minutes - not so many. So what does it mean to say a rider is at 410 Watts?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Seems like another wasted attempt from Millar... Really, whenever that guy attacks, you know it is bound to fail. It's like me lining up to check out in a supermarket. I always manage to pick the queue that takes longest!

A

Anonymous

Bala Verde said:
Seems like another wasted attempt from Millar... Really, whenever that guy attacks, you know it is bound to fail. It's like me lining up to check out in a supermarket. I always manage to pick the queue that takes longest!

tv time, sponsor coverage, picture in the paper..

pays his wages.... and you never know....

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
tv time, sponsor coverage, picture in the paper..

pays his wages.... and you never know....

I know, but somehow I always feel sorry for him!

Johan Cruijff is telling Breukink how to manoeuvre his way into Barcelona, and where to park...

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Spartacus doesn't trust it, he's on the Boss' wheel...

hmm, I wonder where Katyusha and Rabobank are sitting now... Not many miles to go anymore.. Maybe Millar is lucky...

Did Menchov get dropped? hehe

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
Spartacus doesn't trust it, he's on the Boss' wheel...

hmm, I wonder where Katyusha and Rabobank are sitting now... Not many miles to go anymore.. Maybe Millar is lucky...

Smart man. Congrats on breaking 1000.

A

Anonymous

Bala Verde said:
I know, but somehow I always feel sorry for him!

well we can hope..

damn i can pause, rewind and record.. why cant i fast forward live tv. :D

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
sportzchick said:
for conditions like this and for the higher pyraneese stages its too dangerous

Probably true. I just think some of these stages become way too formulaic with all of the technology. If they banned race (TV, etc) coverage in the cars and kept radios as a safety/strategy measure, that might be a good compromise.

A

Anonymous

come on dave..... 15k TT

and then i can find the numpty who said millar always threatens but never does anything, and quote him :D

A

Anonymous

Bala Verde said:
What was that race where he got pipped on the line by Furlan? It looks really good for him now!

oh hes been caught in the last k countless times by the pelaton.. or punctured had broken chains under the flame rouge...

COME ON DAVE!!!!!!

opened up another 5 second. if he can get to 8k at a minute hes got a chance

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
come on dave..... 15k TT

and then i can find the numpty who said millar always threatens but never does anything, and quote him :D
Was it the Vueleta last year when he had a lead and there was an uphill finish similar to today's and his chain broke?

I seem to remember he threw his bike off of a cliff and ended up losing several minutes of time as the team cars were way back.

TRENDING THREADS