• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

O'Grady non-confession-confession confession

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
darwin553 said:
I look forward to Bolt being proved to be a doper then :)

There's a good chance that might not happen for 10 years and then people's opinion would be yea we kind of knew that all along. Sometimes the big guys get away with it. Politics.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Bexon30 said:
There's a good chance that might not happen for 10 years and then people's opinion would be yea we kind of knew that all along. Sometimes the big guys get away with it. Politics.

That's the operative word: chance. There is a chance that I might walk outside my home during a storm and get hit by lightening. By all means hang the guy if it's proven he is a cheat, but until then respect what he has achieved or else where do sport enthusiasts go if they can't trust that their sport is genuine?

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
darwin553 said:
That's the operative word: chance. There is a chance that I might walk outside my home during a storm and get hit by lightening. By all means hang the guy if it's proven he is a cheat, but until then respect what he has achieved or else where do sport enthusiasts go if they can't trust that their sport is genuine?

Hang the guy? Personally, I don't believe in the 100m Olympic final being clean. But it was the only event I made an effort to watch last summer whilst away. People like to see a freak show, well, at least me anyhow.
Careful in those storms.....

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Bexon30 said:
Hang the guy? Personally, I don't believe in the 100m Olympic final being clean. But it was the only event I made an effort to watch last summer whilst away. People like to see a freak show, well, at least me anyhow.

Is that why Marion Jones got away with it for so long? :rolleyes:

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
darwin553 said:
can always go back to suspending disbelief and turning that brain switch to "OFF"

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Bexon30 said:

You should have read my reply to darwin556. Hanging people is their knee jerk reaction to falling for another con.

Look, we all know what darwin556 is, they keep digging the hole and piling more dirt on top of themselves that it is bound to bog them down sooner, rather than later. So no more feeding the you know what.

As for Marion Jones. As I said, been done to death in other threads. Do everyone a FAVOUR and for once go and bloody read them. Or are you afraid you won't like what you find darwin556? The truth that daunting for you? Eat a wheel barrow of cement and harden up old chap. It's not that scary!

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
I guess I am a sports unenthusiast.

Just copy what D1ck Pound said the other day...don't believe any of it.

Yes it really has gotten that bad in almost every sport.

Mind you, I don't mind watching Cross Fit. Big money comes into it and yeah...I won't have much to say.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
You should have read my reply to darwin556. Hanging people is their knee jerk reaction to falling for another con.

Look, we all know what darwin556 is, they keep digging the hole and piling more dirt on top of themselves that it is bound to bog them down sooner, rather than later. So no more feeding the you know what.

As for Marion Jones. As I said, been done to death in other threads. Do everyone a FAVOUR and for once go and bloody read them. Or are you afraid you won't like what you find darwin556? The truth that daunting for you? Eat a wheel barrow of cement and harden up old chap. It's not that scary!

Unlike the conspiracy theorist, who if they throw enough dirt at every rider they believe are dopers that some will actually stick in time to a cyclist while the ones that are completely clean who have had their reputation on here impugned will have that injustice completely ignored and not rectified by any apology.

Although for the conspiracy theorist they don't believe the latter will eventuate as no rider can truly establish themselves as clean, can they? ;)

darwin553 said:
Unlike the conspiracy theorist, who if they throw enough dirt at every rider they believe are dopers that some will actually stick in time to a cyclist while the ones that are completely clean who have had their reputation on here impugned will have that injustice completely ignored and not rectified by any apology.

Although for the conspiracy theorist they don't believe the latter will eventuate as no rider can truly establish themselves as clean, can they? ;)

Who is a conspiracy theorist? :confused:

May 27, 2012
Visit site
darwin553 said:
What appears to be the ruling class on this forum :(

Our "That rider is doping/That rider was proven to have doped" ratio is pretty freaking impressive...It could be a function of our keen insight...or it could be the fact that this is professional cycling, and pegging a doper is as complicated as throwing a hand full of rocks into the peloton.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
Our "That rider is doping/That rider was proven to have doped" ratio is pretty freaking impressive...It could be a function of our keen insight...or it could be the fact that this is professional cycling, and pegging a doper is as complicated as throwing a hand full of rocks into the peloton.

It might be but still doesn't make up for the riders that fall through the forum's grasp and what they have to endure in terms of reputation to satisfy, from what I can see, is this forum's appetite for blood.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
darwin553 said:
It might be but still doesn't make up for the riders that fall through the forum's grasp and what they have to endure in terms of reputation to satisfy, from what I can see, is this forum's appetite for blood.

Blood?

You were the one who stated 'hang them.'

You were the one who said they could not forgive Stuey and his actions are totally unacceptable.

So who is it again who wants blood? Like I said, the Clinic are just like ChewbaccaD described...the strike record is so good it isn't funny. We don't need blood, the riders give it freely. Duh! We also don't need vindication or our pound of flesh, because we know the score and how the gig works.

I also told you to stop drinking the bong water! You've really gone over board tonight! Multiple doses of going full genius in multiple threads. You have to be high or drunk. Anything else is just too sad. :)