• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Outside Of Here

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I work a long week in a complete "joe job" that I hate. The only part I love about I is that it affords me to indulge my passions.

Rearing my Scottish Terriers, riding my bike, skiing in the winter and travelling with my wife to exotic cycling locations. It makes all the crap I have to deal with worthwhile.

Seriously thinking about setting up a touring chalet business in the French Alps...watch this space. Well, not this space...but some space somewhere.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I run, swim, study languages, read (history, art, food), do freelance design work, follow obscure-for-where-I-live sports, am trying to get back into photography, and am in the process of starting a community magazine. I love to travel, but schedules make it difficult right now.

I hope to get a bike in the spring, which should prove interesting since I haven't ridden since I was a kid.

A series of thunderstorms moved through last night, and the power was knocked out for about 3 hours. (That meant the two teenaged boys had to actually talk with us, rather than watch TV!)

We had a great time watching the show of lightning, quite spectacular.

We visited the New River last fall.

Susan

May 3, 2010
www.ror-zone.com
Ive just finished reading "The book thief" i nearly threw the thing away after the first 20 pages because its written differently to normal. However I am extremely happy I didn't.
Fully recommended to all.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
I had the house cleaned today. It's so nice. I have a visitor from from France arriving tomorrow on bicycle. He is on his way to South America. I belong to a group called Warmshowers and we host bicycle tourists. I have had visitors from Belgium, Netherlands,Spain, Chile, Argentina and some that escape my memory right now. I've been doing it for almost 2 years. Met some really nice people.

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
krebs303 said:
I had the house cleaned today. It's so nice. I have a visitor from from France arriving tomorrow on bicycle. He is on his way to South America. I belong to a group called Warmshowers and we host bicycle tourists. I have had visitors from Belgium, Netherlands,Spain, Chile, Argentina and some that escape my memory right now. I've been doing it for almost 2 years. Met some really nice people.
Is he coming my way?

Mar 16, 2009
TopCarbon said:
Is he coming my way?

Please know this guy is on a recumbent and it is three wheeled.
France, recumbent? the mind reels in anticipation.
I would think he would head by you. I will ask
go check out the Warmshowers site and sign up if you like what you see.
http://www.warmshowers.org/.
One couple I hosted were from Montreal she was a pro female rider and he was sponsored put not pro.
really been fun

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Straßenrennen said:
Ive just finished reading "The book thief" i nearly threw the thing away after the first 20 pages because its written differently to normal. However I am extremely happy I didn't.
Fully recommended to all.

I read this a year or so ago. Very strong book. I second the recommendation.

Mar 16, 2009
only thing going on is working on house. right now painting out side which was dark gray.Things are looking good. The inside of the front porch used to be dark brown. The white and blue really makes it more appealing.

DSCF2432.JPG

The view to the north will be great to once I get some bougainvillea growing up the wall
DSCF2440.JPG

krebs303 said:
only thing going on is working on house. right now painting out side which was dark gray.Things are looking good. The inside of the front porch used to be dark brown. The white and blue really makes it more appealing.

DSCF2432.JPG

The view to the north will be great to once I get some bougainvillea growing up the wall
DSCF2440.JPG

so nice.i am jealous.:)

Mar 16, 2009
krebs303 said:

Well my guest showed up yesterday a few days late and unannounced but it all worked out OK. He was a strange little man.
DSCF2475.JPG

DSCF2476.JPG

DSCF2477.JPG

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
krebs303 said:
Well my guest showed up yesterday a few days late and unannounced but it all worked out OK. He was a strange little man.
]

When I first heard about Warm Showers my initial thought was, "I'm in!" I love meeting people from all different walks and stations of life. But, I'm just not trusting anymore.

Nice view out of your patio, btw.

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I have many interests, unfortunately just not enough time to fully appreciate each one. When I have time it bounces around between playing guitar/bass guitar, building model rockets, bodybuilding/powerlifting/strongman, writing, and watching a variety of sports such as rugby (love it), football, and soccer.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
jon_anders said:
I have many interests, unfortunately just not enough time to fully appreciate each one. When I have time it bounces around between playing guitar/bass guitar, building model rockets, bodybuilding/powerlifting/strongman, writing, and watching a variety of sports such as rugby (love it), football, and soccer.

You wouldn't happen to have had anything to do with those people in Denmark who tried to launch their own rocket made in their backyard, now would you? :D

Working on my comeback in cycling, first full racing season next year after a training year. Also investing in shares and dabbling in a bit of sharedealing to help build funds to move careers, into something cycling based and getting out of the godforsaken profession I'm currently in. And trying to improve my French, with a view to moving to Annency in a couple of years and working in Switzerland.

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
Currently in the midst of a lazy week at the most beautiful place in the world -- the Outer Banks of North Carolina.

Do I really have to come back to German and work in 10 days?

Susan

Amen!!! one of my favorite place's and only 5 hrs by car. I purposely missed the ferry so I could spend another day on Okracoke !! lol

Living at the foothills of the Sauratown mountains and 30 mins from the Blueridge I love riding in this area because it is so beautiful. Pilot Mountain (one of the the top 10 climbs in the US) is just 15 miles from the house so I can ride to it, climb and ride back!!!

I also enjoy my kids, who are now adults (22 & 25) And spending time with my wife of 29yrs. (poor girl, she needs to be put up for sainthood)

I truly love my job, after 31yrs in the HVAC industry I have progressed into DDC integration and energy auditing. I have found my niche in life!!!