• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris-Nice 2022 (03/06 - 03/13)

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don’t agree that he was domestique work on either occasions. Yesterday Laporte was the clear domestique, but because three Jumbo riders managed to get away it was to Roglic his own benefit to contribute in the break with his team mates.

Today it was echelon time, and the best way to stay in the front is by riding up front. So both times to me are no domestique duties.

As a typical GC lead he would be there but doing less work.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Congratulations to Mads Pedersen for taking the win.

From Jumbo perspective van Aert was resting a bit more today. Still i guess taking a win in a sprint stage is not an easy tasks if you are not specialized for this discipline. I feel that it's a good thing both Roglič and van Aert went to PN this year. As i guess it does expose some potential weaknesses they still need to work on. Regarding the Yellow-Green strategy for the Tour. And hopefully PN to provide some useful answers too.

As for that Yellow jersey crash. At the end of a bunch sprint stage. Typical pro cycling peloton at play. Lets run a bunch of bulls and goats through a narrow road section and lets scratch our heads after. On why they end up crashing.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Tomorrow's ITT should be very interesting. Bissegger, Van Aert, Roglič, Dennis, Küng, also Almeida, McNulty, Laporte should do well (hopefully no injuries from the crash).

Ganna certainly chose the easy way out. Decided to go to T-A at the last moment instead, with only Remco as a serious threat in a TT which was perfect to his characteristics. Well in the end he took the win, so probably a wise choice, I guess.