• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris-Roubaix 2012 - The Queen of the Classics (257.5km)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
maltiv said:
How do you know he isn't starting? That sounds weird, because I read an interview with him some weeks ago when he said that P-R was his main goal this season...

Maybe he has changed his mind after his punchy Tirreno-Adriatico performance. He doesn't have P-R in calendar now. He's targeting Amstel Gold Race a week later.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
if you guys think Hushovd form is bad just see last year's RVV results
53 Thor Hushovd (Nor) Team Garmin-Cervelo 0:04:29
Nearly identical to his performance this year. I think his form is about the same level as last year. He will sure be one of the contenders in PR.

:facepalm: my god can you say any more stupid things. you obviously didn't se elast years flanders if you think they rode anything similar.

LaFlorecita said:
I'd rather not have a phone bill of 300 euros again.

False. You're making a mistake. :(

I'll be out of town at a conference, but I'm sure as hell gonna wake up all the students I'm sharing a hotel room with to watch this thing. I hope you find some alternative. :eek:

EDIT: Regarding Sagan's participation, this is from the link TomasC posted (http://www.saganpeter.com/en/news/ronde-van-vlaanderen-2012):

"added 22-year old Peter Sagan, who will perform next on 11th April in Belgium again in the Freccia del Brabante."

What. The. ****?

mr. tibbs said:
False. You're making a mistake. :(

I'll be out of town at a conference, but I'm sure as hell gonna wake up all the students I'm sharing a hotel room with to watch this thing. I hope you find some alternative. :eek:

EDIT: Regarding Sagan's participation, this is from the link TomasC posted (http://www.saganpeter.com/en/news/ronde-van-vlaanderen-2012):

"added 22-year old Peter Sagan, who will perform next on 11th April in Belgium again in the Freccia del Brabante."

What. The. ****?

That's the Brabantse Pijl.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Rast is the RSN hope now. His fourth last year makes it realistic, but I would have to put him in the second tier of contenters.

Cancellara was on great form, as Boonen. Too bad for PR.

The crash was off camera. It looked like they may have been at the back which can be safer in some cases going into a feed. That would be to avoid other crashes. Bottles flying everywhere. It only takes one though and a bad bounce.

http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/vide...012/MG_RVV12_belangrijkste_momenten/1.1261257

raddone said:
With Cancellara recovering after the surgery, does RSNT has anybody capable of making into the top 20?

Give up on Team Tandy. Bruyneel seems incapable of assembling a classics program and has done it again this year.

Wait for the first week in July for a team that will probably be on the sharp end of the race with Cancellara dragging the Schlecks around until the monster climbs. And then 99% of Team Tandy vanishes from the sharp end of most races. (1% is Cancellara)

As mentioned elsewhere, the sooner Cancellara can switch to Katusha/Astana(?) or even EuropeCar with Voeckler as super-domestique his greatness may finally eclipse Boonen's. That's bike racing though. Strongest guy doesn't always win.

Kwibus said:
Forecast for Roubaix atm is dry weather on sunday, but rain on saturday and monday.

I'm really hoping for a wet Paris - Roubaix.

all these years of roubaix on the forums i think it was the same weather prediction with a a week to go,80% chances of rain.but on the sundays it was as dry as sahara.
a muddy roubaix might never happen again:(

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
hahah really? just watch the last 3 editions of PR and you will get all the evidence you need.

Actually, no there is very little footage showing Hushovd riding at all. If you watch Hushovd for 20 seconds, do you think you have seen what happened before and after that clip? No, of course you don't. And that is what I mean, there is little footage showing him charging, and there is little footage showing him sucking.

And last year he could not attack on account of the team. :)