• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris Roubaix Top 3 - Who will be there in your option

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I tow in: Degenkolb, Kristoff and Terpstra (in alphabetic order)

As I am notoriously bad with predictions I picked the three (from those who under normal circumstances would matter) I would least like to see there ;) ....

Sagan easy.
If no crash or mechanical problems I do not see how Sagan can loose this. :D
A desperate wish of Boonen to win his last PR and presence of other "strong pretenders" (GVA, Degenkolb, Neasen, van Baerle, Kristoff ... ) limits the strength of QS that can only beat Sagan as a team.

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
Sagan, GVA, Degenkolb. ---- If Boonen were to win that would be pretty amazing, but I think he'll be too highly marked due to the hype surrounding his last P-R.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
1. Boonen
2. Degenkolb
3. Terpstra

I wish, but I think Degenkolb will prove to be unbeatable in Roubaix for the next 5 years or so (unless he has a flat tire, crashes, gets a mechanical or gets sick).

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

toolittle said:
El Pistolero said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
1. Boonen
2. Degenkolb
3. Terpstra

I wish, but I think Degenkolb will prove to be unbeatable in Roubaix for the next 5 years or so (unless he has a flat tire, crashes, gets a mechanical or gets sick).

If Sagan join QS, an unbeatable man will appear.

He has never even been on the podium in Roubaix.

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Brullnux said:
He has never had a completely free run at it, though, apart from 2014. He wouldn't have done much in 2015 anyway, but last year he seemed very strong had he not been badly placed and missed the split.

Story of the classics, everyone is a winner safe for being "badly placed" and "missing the split".

Re: Re:

hazaran said:
Brullnux said:
He has never had a completely free run at it, though, apart from 2014. He wouldn't have done much in 2015 anyway, but last year he seemed very strong had he not been badly placed and missed the split.

Story of the classics, everyone is a winner safe for being "badly placed" and "missing the split".

Well no, not really. Did you watch the race last year? If so then you know what I'm talking about.