• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paula Radcliffe Speaks out

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
oldcrank said:
Brilliant:) A concise summation of all the evidence presented
on the Sky, Froome, Wiggins and Paula threads.:D:):D

oldcrack, why do you
believe it is only british
athletes that can be clean
and beat dopers? do they
have superior genetics
or what?

Cycle Chic said:
I don't think we need you to point out her medal tally and palmares. :rolleyes: but thanks for your useless clarification.
Zero medals from fives races at four Olympics may be "useless"
if you are looking for evidence that Paula is a doper, but it may
not be if one is presenting the other side of the argument.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
mikeoneill said:
Paula Radcliffe's Marathon World best time is statistically the greatest
women's running mark in the
record book at all distances currently contested at senior international
championship level

if i'm not mistaken...

She ran that surrounded by male runners, got paced and dragged along.
I still go with Marita Koch's 400 M WR as the record that will never go in a hundred years. 100, 800 metres track also up there.

sublimit said:
She ran that surrounded by male runners, got paced and dragged along.
I still go with Marita Koch's 400 M WR as the record that will never go in a hundred years. 100, 800 metres track also up there.

She's obviously not been the only female marathon runner to have had that advantage even if there is any advantage to be gained which is questionable.

There is some question as to whether Koch's record was actually a valid timing

mikeoneill said:
my gut tells me she was on the stuff in the early 2000s
she was makin' a few noises to distract imo
there was big $$$ at stake at the time
Not sure where you were "in the early 2000s" but in 2001
I was sitting a few rows behind Paula when she held up
her 'EPO cheats out' sign at the World Championships and
"her makin' a few noises to distract" came close to getting
her a suspension, as she was aware it might. Paula was
allowed to run, however, and she finished fourth.

Another memory from that World Championships is the
collective gasp the whole stadium let out when, just before
the start of the women's 100m hurdles, a close-up of
Dimitrova's face appeared on the large video screen at
the end of the stadium.

As for the "big $$$ at stake"...I think an Olympic medal
(of which Paula has zero from five attempts at four
Olympics) could have been worth something too, perhaps
as much or more than prize money and WR bonuses from
a city marathon.

She has run faster than any doping woman marathon runner...ergo. she doped.
She's not Kenyan....she doped
She made a distracting noise ....she doped
She answered the call of nature in the street...she doped

However you look at it, even if she's an extraordinary talent and a grafter and clean as a whistle...she doped. We're in the clinic....in the clinic, no-one is clean.

That's why it's entertainment and nothing more.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
armchairclimber said:
Exactly. the place for lazy assumptions, trolling and no little entertainment. Consequently, an ineffective forum when it comes to conbatting the use of PEDs in sport.

Good fun though, as long as you don't believe a word you read.

The forum might have deteriorated a little but after JADCO were trashed by their own employee and revealed as having only one drug test in the five months before the world championship do you still think Bolt is clean?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
armchairclimber said:
I'd say that Bolt is one of the least suspicious (certainly amongst the Jamaicans). He is one athlete who doesn't really need to dope, being blessed with physical advantages.
He has been fast since a junior.
sll sre fast. ceteris paribus. he was a 400m runner. he did not have the explosivity for a 6'5" runner

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Briant_Gumble said:
The forum might have deteriorated a little but after JADCO were trashed by their own employee and revealed as having only one drug test in the five months before the world championship do you still think Bolt is clean?
premise drug testing proves the negative is flawed, and has been demonstrated overwhelmingly so

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
gooner wrote:
Stop this doping only view of everything.

She has been vehemently anti-doping and consistent in her views throughout her career. She has even asked for her blood tests to be made public. Is that not enough for you?

how many minutes faster than the state sponsored doping athletes was she again?

Re:

the sceptic said:
gooner wrote:

She has been vehemently anti-doping and consistent in her views throughout her career. She has even asked for her blood tests to be made public. Is that not enough for you?

Paula Radcliffe said today: 'Suspected this for years...Truth eventually comes out'. Remember Paula, you beat some of these cheats. I **** you not, she then tweeted 'it's time for clean athletes to stand up'. Take a seat then Paula. The hypocrisy astounds me :eek:

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

Brullnux said:
the sceptic said:
gooner wrote:

Paula Radcliffe said today: 'Suspected this for years...Truth eventually comes out'. Remember Paula, you beat some of these cheats. I **** you not, she then tweeted 'it's time for clean athletes to stand up'. Take a seat then Paula. The hypocrisy astounds me :eek:

lol