• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 57 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Armchaircyclist said:
BigMac said:
Congratulations. Finally broke free of the damned leeches. That's going to teach everyone a lesson: wheelsucking him from now on won't necessarily prevent him from winning. Australia was disgraceful. Norway was disgraceful. Totally deserved.
---------------
Kristoff did not have the legs today, but yeah, EBH was a complete idiot to not try to close to Sagan.

Wasn't the team manager of Trek saying that about Sagan and Cancellera...hey, we will just pay a bunch of guys less money than Sagan is making, they will all just sit on his wheel and he will never win.

Stupid statement of course, I know, this isn't team tactics...but with his victories/2nd places all year, apparently that doesn't work either.

Fantastic win. One of the best Worlds in recent memory.

orangerider said:
Valv.Piti said:
After Bala, and maybe Lobato, I want Sagan to win the most. I still can't understand who he didnt managed to win one single stage in the Tour after arguably being the strongest rider, by far, in the race and he had probably won 4 in the Vuelta if not for that *** on the bike. He deserves some success! I cringe everytime he gets oh so close.....

Imagine the talent Sagan has on a GC-rider and he had swept the 3 GT's before turning 25. Oh lord have mercy. How he fails to produce more is a mystery....

First off, he doesn't have the right team. Or maybe he just wants the money short-term so doesn't care either way, who knows. But he needs to focus on either classics or GC wins. Not both. He's had another long tired season when his move to Tinkoff was supposed to allow focus on the classics. At this rate, he is never going to win a monument because of slow legs come spring due to recovery from a long prior season. WC, too, even in favorable years will be tough because of fatigue. So this year his biggest achievement was California - wow, pat on the back there, but that too was just a fluke due to the sudden course change and not repeatable. Until then, he'll just be a domestique in the grand tours, a future replacement for Bennati.

Another keyboard warrior bashing a rider who is one of the best in the World. He had as much, if not more racing in his legs this year than anybody else. So this lame excuse about other pros that target the same races as him is just hilarious. Yeah, ToC, what a joke those pros are.

If anybody thinks Sagan with win a TDF/Vuelta/Giro is wrong. He can't climb with a guy that weighs 130-140lbs, he isn't built that way. When you have guys that are built/train for 1-2 races a year, like Froome you have to compete against...and we can make the same argument that guys like Froome, will never win a Monument/classic/sprint finish etc...and rack up the amount of victories of a Sagan. Guess they have to be happy with a GC win to their resume and be heroes if that is your idea of what cycling is all about.

Sucks to be so good. Most wish they were as "bad" as Sagan. 25yrs old and just shamed the best in the World.

cirG0ZU.png

Pantani_lives said:
Jspear said:
Well since some considered this a "bad" year for him, that means next year he'll do even better. He'll win PR and Flanders at least.
You forget the scientifically proven curse of the rainbow jersey. We can count him out for next season.

I see what you're saying, but with Sagan I think it'll be different. His every move is already constantly marked. How could it get any worse? They can't follow/wheelsuck him anymore than they already do. He'll just have to race smart like he did this race.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if he'll be cursed next season as plenty recent winners have, or since already being cursed (eternal second placings) he will finally get a PR/TOF and in the jersey.

edit: when was the last time a reigning world champ won one of those?
(memory is failing)

Jspear said:
Pantani_lives said:
Jspear said:
Well since some considered this a "bad" year for him, that means next year he'll do even better. He'll win PR and Flanders at least.
You forget the scientifically proven curse of the rainbow jersey. We can count him out for next season.

I see what you're saying, but with Sagan I think it'll be different. His every move is already constantly marked. How could it get any worse? They can't follow/wheelsuck him anymore than they already do. He'll just have to race smart like he did this race.

It is not about the curse, marking or competition. It is all about how he handle his first big win in next few months. As one of his "favourite hater" has already said: classics are won in winter not in spring.

Beeing 25, rich, good looking, living in Monaco .... anything can happen. :) It must be f....g difficult to get up every day and train harder and harder. Only true champ can do that. We will see what kind of champ he is on Strade Bianche.

But as his girlfriend told in the interwiew yesterday: he is allways the same boy, his wins his defeats his fame lasts in his mind only 5 minutes. He is winner and he cares only about the winning the races. Lets hope she is right.

Sagan is the frat boy of the sport. But what's wrong with that?

I personally love the Sagans and Olegs of this sport. They make us talk and become a integrated part of our life no matter if we like them or not. Think about watching a movie without different personalities and characters. People need to have someone to hate and cheer for.

Of course not. Maja Leye has every reason, professional and emotional, to downplay the event and try to turn the page. Similarly, many victims of abuse prefer not to report it, because doing so is very tough. And still others might think it's no biggie, but then, sexism permeates all of society, not just men.

Re:

hrotha said:
Of course not. Maja Leye has every reason, professional and emotional, to downplay the event and try to turn the page. Similarly, many victims of abuse prefer not to report it, because doing so is very tough. And still others might think it's no biggie, but then, sexism permeates all of society, not just men.

i just dont like people being offended on behalf of others,if she seems fine with it,im outta here...she is an adult and im not sexist enough to think that every woman is a damsel in distress

what makes you think that she is hiding something? if you really feel passionate about the subject be offended on behalf of victims who actually are having problem dealing with it...you will do much better there than on cycling forum

I didn't say Maja Leye in particular is hiding anything - she's perfectly fine with Sagan for all I know. I'm saying that "the victim seems to want to forget it happened, so there's no issue here" is a really bad and dangerous reasoning. And frankly, what Sagan did affects other people too, not only Maja Leye. Nothing to do with women being damsels in distress at all, it's about acknowledging a very real problem.

KGB

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

SKSemtex said:
DenisMenchov said:

LOL, this must be very painfull to read for some members of this forum. :D
Yep and now they need to find another different view how they can keep talk about it another 10yrs.How about his lovely blue T-shirt? :D .I am sure he will always do something what some people like it and some hate it because this is Sagan!!.Go go Peter and do it :D