• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 49 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
barefoot cyclist said:
And the winner of The Green Jersey Competition is

CKW4x5LWoAEXime.png:large

Mr consistency strikes again.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
Hugo Koblet said:
So who is Sagan gonna lose to today? Trentin or Hagen?
Oh, Ruben Plaza it was.

Not sure why you make fun of the guy. He's making the races extremely exciting unlike many others in this tour. You're just beating a dead horse at this point

Miburo said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Hugo Koblet said:
So who is Sagan gonna lose to today? Trentin or Hagen?
Oh, Ruben Plaza it was.

Not sure why you make fun of the guy. He's making the races extremely exciting unlike many others in this tour. You're just beating a dead horse at this point

Sagan is great. That prediction was terrible anyway, no one weaker uphill than Trentin and Boasson.

I would have done more or less the same as the passengers did to Sagan on the climb. Sagan has a status where he'll have to live with a treatment like that, when he is in breaks. He'll have to accept that is how it is and not expect them to close any gaps for him. I just hope he'll either take more responsibility in the absolute final or take a complete chill and get his placement with a minimal of fuss.

This tour we have

15 riders going for GC
10 riders going for sprints
20 riders going for breakaways
40 domestiques
111 guys purely there to make Sagan lose.

100% pure pathetic racing by the whole breakaway. Especially Riblon who tried to attack from behind, then started making a scene when Sagan didn't let him ride.

What a fantastic racer this man is. It was emotional watching him pull the group uphill and destroy them on the descent. Too bad he is too good and everybody is afraid to work with him. If he was a normally marked man he'd have 3 times the number of wins he already has. The rider of this Tour for me.

Re:

Red Rick said:
This tour we have

15 riders going for GC
40 domestiques

100% pure pathetic racing by the whole breakaway. Especially Riblon who tried to attack from behind, then started making a scene when Sagan didn't let him ride.
Huh? Any cooperation with Sagan = Sagan wins. As it is now, the best in the break other than Sagan won. I think most in the break would like that to be the case again next time they are in a break with Sagan. It is in everyone but Sagan's interest for that to be the case. That is unless they think they can beat him fair and squire. Then, and only then, does it make sense to cooperate with him.

Netserk said:
Red Rick said:
This tour we have

15 riders going for GC
40 domestiques

Huh? Any cooperation with Sagan = Sagan wins. As it is now, the best in the break other than Sagan won. I think most in the break would like that to be the case again next time they are in a break with Sagan. It is in everyone but Sagan's interest for that to be the case. That is unless they think they can beat him fair and squire. Then, and only then, does it make sense to cooperate with him.

Which is more?

0 or 1?

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. I'm glad riders are approximately rational and ride for their own objectives, leading to the sort of group dynamics game theory predicts would occur, with Sagan having to do most of the work.

Red Rick said:
Netserk said:
Red Rick said:
This tour we have

15 riders going for GC
40 domestiques

Which is more?

0 or 1?
0 or 1 what? You are acting like the scenario hasn't ever happened before, nor will ever happen again. It will. Sorry, but riders do actually sometimes think ahead.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Wow, this is incredible and sad at the same time.

This poor guy just cant get a break. Day after day, he is not fighting just for the win but he is fighting everyone in the peloton as every single rider is riding against him.

Kudos to the winner and screw all those losers that are riding on Sagans wheel without taking a single pull ... just to finish behind him anyway. What a bunch of losers they are.

Perhaps one day, some of them will realize that what goes around comes around.

What is their objective? To make someone lose or to win yourself? Not trying to win totally goes against the whole idea of competition. If you get in this kind of break and end up trying to make someone lose, you may as well quit the sport.

If not doing anything to try and win is gto, they are finding their 6th or 7th place wayyy to goddamn important

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
It's not very reasonable to blame riders of other teams trying to do what's best for them, rather than what's best for Sagan.

So I guess it's best for them to stay at Sagan's wheel instead of attacking in a 2nd category climb where they are supposed to be better than him.
I'm looking at guys like Voeckler or Riblon.

The only other guy that deserved to win today aside from Sagan was the guy that got the win

TRENDING THREADS