• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 91 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
When he signed his contract, he was top earner, as a potential monument winner.

At this point, he's a proven monument winner, has a bigger fan base, and you're pretty much guaranteed results because it seems impossible for him to crash. So yes, his price is greater than it would have been when he signed his Tinkoff contract

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
He also comes with promising odds for a big win in the next of the "Home Alone" franchise installment. That must be worth something ;)

tzgzjx4.jpg

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Sagan's big paycheck will be his big weakness the coming years. He won't have a great team to support him and for those who say he doesn't need one... Don't kid yourself. We all saw what happened to Cancellara in 2011.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

saganftw said:
El Pistolero said:
Sagan's big paycheck will be his big weakness the coming years. He won't have a great team to support him and for those who say he doesn't need one... Don't kid yourself. We all saw what happened to Cancellara in 2011.

i dont think the likes of Bodnar,Gatto and Tosatto (or his brother) cost that much

And how will those help him in the classics? Quickstep would be the best team for him, now that Kittel is sucking. But there's simply no way Lefevere will pay Sagan what he asks. It's a shame because I'd really like to see him at QS.

El Pistolero said:
saganftw said:
El Pistolero said:

i dont think the likes of Bodnar,Gatto and Tosatto (or his brother) cost that much

And how will those help him in the classics? Quickstep would be the best team for him, now that Kittel is sucking. But there's simply no way Lefevere will pay Sagan what he asks. It's a shame because I'd really like to see him at QS.

he won RvV without huge domestique work and if it wasnt for crash in front of him he would fight for win in PR...obviously a good domestique or two would ensure greater chance to win,but it certainly isnt a necesity

also i dont like this logic of a guy getting paid too much so the team cannot afford domestiques - if you are willing to dish out milions for Sagan you are probably rich enough to pay a luxury rider or a domestique as well,especially without salary cap

El Pistolero said:
saganftw said:
El Pistolero said:

Beeing a cycling fan I want him in Etixx as well, but if beeing Sagan, his wife, his kid, his manager I would take the big check. Probably as the most of us here in this forum. :)

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

SKSemtex said:
El Pistolero said:
saganftw said:
El Pistolero said:

Beeing a cycling fan I want him in Etixx as well, but if beeing Sagan, his wife, his kid, his manager I would take the big check. Probably as the most of us here in this forum. :)
Why you want to see him in ettix? He would destroy everyone because he is the best and etixx is the best team in one day races.

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site

SKSemtex said:
El Pistolero said:
saganftw said:
El Pistolero said:

Meh, what's the difference between 10 and 20 million? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have 10 million, but there surely comes a time when adding more zeroes doesn't really improve your life anyway.

He should accept a pay cut and get more support.

SKSemtex said:
El Pistolero said:
saganftw said:
El Pistolero said:

wtf

He's being paid more than enough anywhere he goes. And once you're already earning millions, it's a no-brainer, I'd take better chances of winning with better domestiques over an *even bigger* paycheck

KGB

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

CheckMyPecs said:
SKSemtex said:
El Pistolero said:
saganftw said:
El Pistolero said:

Meh, what's the difference between 10 and 20 million? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have 10 million, but there surely comes a time when adding more zeroes doesn't really improve your life anyway.

He should accept a pay cut and get more support.
He will when he could do what he does now.That time will come.First money and then if I will not be that good pay cut and better helpers.He actually needs for classic season only D.Oss.Rest of the team could be good/bad as his brother is(which mean very cheap).Shame they are not in the same team.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re:

sultanofhyd said:
Don't be ridiculous. Contador and Sagan already have contracts with other teams for next year. It's too late for Tinkov to decide he wants to keep going.

Sagan has a valid contract with Tinkov for next year so if Oleg wants to stay around he does not have to do anything and Sagan will be kept under the current contract.

TRENDING THREADS