• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 185 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 3, 2019
Visit site
Peter Sagan had a virtual press conference with Slovak media.

Full audio can be found at

It is in Slovak, you may understand it if you understand Czech or Polish
Could you please give us an indea about what He said ?

I really wonder what Sagan climbing will be this year. Skipping the classic races could probably change completely his preparation and priorities. I wish to see the old Peter able to climb with the best as long as possible. I prefer to see him winning one or two hilly stages to see him second - 5th on 15 bunch sprints.
And my wet dream is to see him with the best in WCRR. just a dream.

I really wonder what Sagan climbing will be this year. Skipping the classic races could probably change completely his preparation and priorities. I wish to see the old Peter able to climb with the best as long as possible. I prefer to see him winning one or two hilly stages to see him second - 5th on 15 bunch sprints.
And my wet dream is to see him with the best in WCRR. just a dream.
That is not real. WCRR is between TDF and Giro. He wont participate 100%. Anyway I better understood why he is going to Giro when I saw that commercials.

He has not been

If any year is the year to break the streak, it seems like this is the one. He hasn't been on form, and he looks very interested in the Giro.
Why this year? Just because of his form? Because I think the route is probably better than ever for Sagan. The only ones I could potentially steal green on this route, and only under the right cirsumstances, would be Alaphilippe and Van Aert and that's not gonna happen this year.

Reactions: Sandisfan
He has not been

If any year is the year to break the streak, it seems like this is the one. He hasn't been on form, and he looks very interested in the Giro.
That’s just in. Even off form he can win green because he doesn’t have to win anything at the Tour. Even off form he will get top 5 in sprints and then top 3 in intermediate sprints and then he will win the sprint points that other sprinters can’t reach.

That’s just in. Even off form he can win green because he doesn’t have to win anything at the Tour. Even off form he will get top 5 in sprints and then top 3 in intermediate sprints and then he will win the sprint points that other sprinters can’t reach.
I don’t think his climbing level is near what it used to be. I can’t help thinking a sprinter with a decent climbing level could really push him. Of course, the 2 obvious candidates to do that are Matthews and Demare, and neither of them are going. And VanAert has other duties and Alaphilippe will have other ambitions. Bennett and Ewan are a level below on the hills.

If Wout has the other business in TDF I think only COVID in the BORA team can stop him here.
Btw. the rule about disqualification after 2 positive cases in team is pretty hard. I smell huge french conspiracy theories in case Pinot wins and Jumbo or Ineos would have to be sent hope. :D

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS