• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 211 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He was probably drunk, so I don't expect him to act super rational. Maybe his opinion at the time was just that he didn't need the vaccine because he already had Covid. Not the biggest Sagan fan, but it's a bit harsh to assume that he's an anti-vax hardliner because of this.
Maybe he was sober and thinks the vaccine is more dangerous than Covid and has an ordinary opinion in this world of love.

Reactions: stonerider
Lol political or personal ideologies have nothing to do with how well someone races. You can have bad ideas and be a great racer or you can be an unintelligent racer and have great ideas in other areas of life.
But can you actually? I think of Quinn Simmons...if you have bad ideas and put them out in public, you will have a hard time finding any type of team to sponsor you. Might be a good bike rider, but to race will be hard to accomplish due to the PR.

Reactions: Koronin
Rather than indulging in your rather strange theory, let's address the key issue: you get arrested for D&D and the cops shoot you up with a vaccine? In Monaco? Really?
D&D as in Drink&Drive? Because I understand he did not drive, his brother did, who arguably did not drink.
What was his original story, if this is the changed one?

But can you actually? I think of Quinn Simmons...if you have bad ideas and put them out in public, you will have a hard time finding any type of team to sponsor you. Might be a good bike rider, but to race will be hard to accomplish due to the PR.
I think I disagree. This is cycling after all. Nobody is going let a good rider slip because of his antics. It might be sensitive for teams like Trek or EF but there's no way UAE, Astana or Bahrain or going to care. I don't think people on continental Europe cared much for whatever Simmons did.

Moscon, Bouhanni, a million proven dopers, Ricco, Sagan himself,... they've all had no problems getting a new contract.

Maybe he was sober and thinks the vaccine is more dangerous than Covid and has an ordinary opinion in this world of love.

He is a perfectly healthy elite athlete. Of course the vaccine is more dangerous to his health than Covid. The vaccine greatly reduces the symptoms, potentially saving the lives of people whose lifestyles are not healthy, or who have other illnesses or are old. But it doesn't really have a benefit for someone like Sagan.

He is a perfectly healthy elite athlete. Of course the vaccine is more dangerous to his health than Covid. The vaccine greatly reduces the symptoms, potentially saving the lives of people whose lifestyles are not healthy, or who have other illnesses or are old. But it doesn't really have a benefit for someone like Sagan.

Well, given how his spring was wrecked because he got the disease, I have a hard time agreeing with that. Though, of course this was after, so he probably wouldn't need it there.

Anyway, why would he think they could just force-inject him? Is that a thing in Monaco?

Well, given how his spring was wrecked because he got the disease, I have a hard time agreeing with that. Though, of course this was after, so he probably wouldn't need it there.

Anyway, why would he think they could just force-inject him? Is that a thing in Monaco?

Just because you've been vaccinated doesn't mean you can't catch the virus. The biggest benefit of the vaccine is that it reduces the symptoms. It saves people's lives and reduces the number of hospitalisations. Sagan's immune system is strong enough to easily defeat Covid. Which was proven since he was only quarantined and not hospitalized. His preparation for the spring was of course greatly affected by Covid as he was unable to train outside while his Covid tests were positive.

It's his choice whether he wants to get vaccinated or not, as long as he's not busy spreading this view I find it totally okay. The crazy part is that he was so drunk that he thought they would force-vaccinate him right there... if that really was what happened.
most likely just something his lawyer advised him to say as a lame excuse... we all know Peter isn't the sharpest tool in the shed... in fact he's far from being one... but to think his lawyer is also that stupid is kinda fun.

As I've noted on another thread we know several doctors that are triathletes that got Covid. Some before vaccines were available and some after they had been vaccinated. Most had generally mild, flu-like responses. A few have the lingering low-energy periods as well so it's not entirely without impact for either. My booster shot had a weeklong impact of low energy that would have interfered with my pro-level training. Fortunately I'm not a pro or pro level or training at all. Except some beer, wine and tequila. And doughnuts.

Off season would be a good time for Peter to man-up.

Reactions: Koronin
Off season would be a good time for Peter to man-up.
He already has:
However, Sagan made it clear he is not against COVID-19 vaccination. {...] He told Cyclingnews he has since had a follow-up vaccination during the summer and now has a complete COVID-19 pass.
This is the problem with his PR people here: they allowed the lawyer's version to get out without getting ahead of it by clarifying that he's not really 'a friend of Talansky' (a euphemism that surely has legs).

So as it turns out, on this forum, you can freely insult an ex-rider (not to mention it's a total offtop) just because you don't like his personal views or his personal opinions and observations about the current world situation.

What do we know from this thread about Andrew Talansky (despite it's not even his thread) so far?
  • he's a total nutcase
  • he was never an intelligent racer - because of his personal views being "controversial" for some
  • he's a crackpot
  • somene even decided to take very serious steps and unfollowed him on twitter :eek:

I think a comment from a man himself sums up all of it very well:

image.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
So as it turns out, on this forum, you can freely insult an ex-rider (not to mention it's a total offtop) just because you don't like his personal views or his personal opinions and observations about the current world situation.

What do we know from this thread about Andrew Talansky (despite it's not even his thread) so far?
  • he's a total nutcase
  • he was never an intelligent racer - because of his personal views being "controversial" for some
  • he's a crackpot
  • somene even decided to take very serious steps and unfollowed him on twitter :eek:
I think a comment from a man himself sums up all of it very well:

image.png

Lol.

TRENDING THREADS