• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 217 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think it is post covid. He is worse and worse with more racing kms.
I hope so. I have a student who contracted Covid in december, and since then she's been away four times a week with flu-like symptoms that she just can't shake. Right now she's on a light return-to-school schedule, and the doctor claims it's clearly post-covid effects. Ppl get affected differently.

I just wish he will be able to asses his own potentials quick enough when he comes back to racing, so he'll be able to make sensible decision and plan his future. No Froome-style overlong leg-finding soul-searching drama etc.. Not everyone can take time and somehow get it right again at the right time like Cavendish.

Reactions: Sandisfan
It's strange that there was very little press about his ride at Unbound Gravel, at least from what I've seen. I know there was an announcement he was riding it, but I would have thought there would be a big media / PR push about him being there. Maybe Specialized will do a video later, I am curious to see how it went. I do hope in the future, when he retires from road that he would give that ride a serious go.

Reactions: jmdirt
It's strange that there was very little press about his ride at Unbound Gravel, at least from what I've seen. I know there was an announcement he was riding it, but I would have thought there would be a big media / PR push about him being there. Maybe Specialized will do a video later, I am curious to see how it went. I do hope in the future, when he retires from road that he would give that ride a serious go.
He was around 60th in the "short" 100 miler. I think he rode it for fun and exposure for Specialized, just like Remco last year.

I do hope in the future, when he retires from road that he would give that ride a serious go.
:rolleyes: You hope Sagan takes a race serious after he retires...really? You do realize he has a "Why so serious?" tattoo on his side don't you. He hasn't taken anything serious for the last couple years. He's just doing the bare minimum to keep the sponsorship dollars rolling in to bankroll him and his entourage.

• Wow
Reactions: jmdirt
:rolleyes: You hope Sagan takes a race serious after he retires...really? You do realize he has a "Why so serious?" tattoo on his side don't you. He hasn't taken anything serious for the last couple years. He's just doing the bare minimum to keep the sponsorship dollars rolling in to bankroll him and his entourage.
Yeah, I think Sagan will be voted" most likely to never pick up a bike again" after he retires...

TRENDING THREADS