• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Poll - who will win Ronde van Vlaanderen 2014?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win Ronde van Vlaanderen 2014?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Flamin said:
Time for a poll. Cast your votes.

How can you make a poll with Degenkolb, Stybar, Van Avermaet and Thomas but without Devolder?
= 2-times winner and super-lieutenant versus some top 10s in Flanders...

Pretty worthless poll then, if you ask me. :roll eyes:

beginner's advise if you don't know what should go in: Check some betting polls before you make a poll.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
David_William said:
How come people vote for Stybar instead of Thomas? G is better climber and sprinter, is like rating rating Degenkolb higher than Sagan. Same type of rider but one at a much higher level...
Perfect example, since Degenkolb just beat Sagan three days ago.

David_William said:
I think everyone is understimating Geraint Thomas capabilities, he is more than capable of putting Cancellara under pressure in the hills.

Thomas has looked very strong on the hills, but I think you're overestimating your hero a little bit. Surely a top 5 is within his range, but to see him (anyone) drop Cancellara would be like the biggest surprise of the year, considering that Cancellara has won his two Flanders victories on the hills.

David_William said:
How come people vote for Stybar instead of Thomas? G is better climber and sprinter, is like rating rating Degenkolb higher than Sagan. Same type of rider but one at a much higher level...

He is not a better sprinter at all. He has lost some speed after he improved his climbing. And he has a bad habit of falling off his bike too much.

David_William

BANNED
Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Sure bike handling is a factor but having the power is a much bigger one.
Cancellara always rode away for everybody because the opposition was weak. This time he will have to face a rider who ride hill faster than him i just can't wait to see him failing big time.

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
GvA will win with an attack while the favourites are looking at each other. Climbed as well as Vanmarcke on the Kemmel last week, so he should be able to do this (if he manages to time an attack well for once).

David_William

BANNED
Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Buffalo Soldier said:
Are you talking about Sagan here?

Geraint Thomas. Sagan this time will fail big time. Rumor is that Sagan, Viviani and some other Cannondale riders are upset with their trainer due to the lack of condition compared to other years.
He is certainly not looking as good as last year...

David_William said:
Sagan ... ... He is certainly not looking as good as last year...
Congratulations. You get 3 internets and 5 Facebooks for the lamest comment thus far. I really wonder what you smoke, if your age allows you to.

Fact is that the weather is much better than last year, so less decisive breaks and still Sagan wins where he wants to. The only reason Sagan won't be good this Sunday, is when he takes a bag of popcorn and starts reading this topic instead of winning in 3-daagse.

David_William

BANNED
Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Lol, if you don't to face reality that's with you. But then don't be disappointed when you see Sagan struggle to make top5 this Sunday.
The signals are there for everyone to see...

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
BkNLQ5qCQAAfTcE.jpg

Wiggins confirmed.. Must be a dead cert? :)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
David_William said:
Geraint Thomas. Sagan this time will fail big time. Rumor is that Sagan, Viviani and some other Cannondale riders are upset with their trainer due to the lack of condition compared to other years.
He is certainly not looking as good as last year...

But you still haven't put your money where your mouth is with the poll. Or are you one of those that votes for the winner after the race? :rolleyes:

Cancellara for the win but he'll need a decent gap at the top of Paterberg.

David_William

BANNED
Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Another vote for Stybar? Could you explain why??
G is better sprinter and climber. He looked very strong at E3, easilly dropped Sagan without pushing too hard.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
What's the logic behind that? Last year he had like 5 seconds at the top of Paterberg and won by 1 and a half minute.

I dont understand it either.
My only explanation would be a good cooperation of 3 riders of Omega in 1 group:D

David_William

BANNED
Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
What's the logic behind that? Last year he had like 5 seconds at the top of Paterberg and won by 1 and a half minute.

No way he can make a gap on a climb this year. He has to Face Geraint "#$$#%%3 Thomas, not Tom Boonen

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
David_William said:
Another vote for Stybar? Could you explain why??
G is better sprinter and climber. He looked very strong at E3, easilly dropped Sagan without pushing too hard.

Sorry man,my first and last answer to you.
Now,you are on my ignore,bye.

voted cancellara, as he's definately the man to beat on sunday, but I would be glad if Sagan deliver big one this time. He surely would deserve a monument win for the consistency and amusement he showed us in the last years.

TRENDING THREADS