• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Poll - who will win Ronde van Vlaanderen 2014?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win Ronde van Vlaanderen 2014?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Volderke said:
@ Flamin: good you don't trust betting sites, but if you are so much better, I advise you to make some bets, as you will outsmart the betting agencies and make a lot of money (irony).

Where did I say I don't trust betting sites or that I'm so much better? :rolleyes: I just don't bet on cycling so I don't bother checking them.

Second of all, I think Sagan will win and I doubt he has high odds ;) so that doesn't make sense either.

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
alspacka said:
I hope for a sprint from a small bunch including Boonen and Sagan.

But realistically, I can't see anyone stopping big Brad Wiggins.

I about spit my coffee out. I didn't see anything near this funny yesterday when people were trying.

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Let me fix that for you:

Cance > TheRest said:
You must be trolling. There is no way that even a lunatic Welsh patriot, if anyone, can seriously be so fanatic about Geraint Thomas... Also, what exactly did GThomas do in Vuelta A Andalucia??? :confused:

Terpstra is going full for 3-daagse, not helping but you never know as he is a beast (on training too).

Guys I would like to win it:
Boonen (for the history), Sagan (for the future), Démare (even more), Devolder (because his riding style is solo exciting, and he can be among the 3-time winners).

Guys I am indifferent of when they win it:
Cancellara (he has nothing to prove, really), GvA (good for him as he has the legs to win a big classic, but not the brains), Stybar (not the most exciting classic rider unless you like his Canc wheel sticking tactics), Vanmarcke (should win PR first as it fits him better), Thomas (like GvA seems to lack tactics in the finale).

Volderke said:
Devolder is one of few in the peloton that can go solo from far out (in this list, only Cancellara can do that better). The whole peloton and all cycling journalists are talking about the resurrection of Devolder and you manage to ignore him, but still put Degenkolb and GvA in this poll. But I'll be happy guys like you keep ignoring, as Devolder will perform best when most underestimate him.

Think someone should wash his big mouth :)

Flamin said:
Think someone should wash his big mouth :)

He didn't win, did he?
I said after Paterberg: now GvA will close a gap on an attacking Vandenbergh, with Canc and Vanmarcke in his wheel. This way he will loose it like usual.

Well, that happened! I said he had the legs to win it (see earlier post), but not the brains. When Sporza confronted him with this stupid move, he had NOTHING to say. Clearly not learning.

+ he kicked out Devolder in descent of Paterberg, with Lodewyck (changing wheels in a blind curve when they come down with 60km/h), makes me angry!
+ Degenkolb was too fat like I said... Made for power sprints, but too heavy for climbs. (still kudos for his ride, he performed as best as he could!)

Volderke said:
He didn't win, did he?
I said after Paterberg: now GvA will close a gap on an attacking Vandenbergh, with Canc and Vanmarcke in his wheel. This way he will loose it like usual.

Well, that happened! I said he had the legs to win it (see earlier post), but not the brains. When Sporza confronted him with this stupid move, he had NOTHING to say. Clearly not learning.

+ he kicked out Devolder in descent of Paterberg, with Lodewyck (changing wheels in a blind curve when they come down with 60km/h), makes me angry!
+ Degenkolb was too fat like I said... Made for power sprints, but too heavy for climbs. (still kudos for his ride, he performed as best as he could!)

Never said he would, but he proved he had every right to be in this poll.

And even though GVA probably wasn't the smartest in the finale, he still rode a way smarter race than Devolder, who, despite many crashes that slowed him down, didn't bother to move to the front and then crashed himself because of it.