• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Power Data Estimates for the climbing stages

Page 64 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Time goes...everything progress in life, lot of thinks improve in cycling: technology, bikes, globalization means more people to select a champion... but some things are remaining; Laiseka still hold the best time in Ax 3 Domaines.

Contador and Andy looking each other, and stopping several times, did the same time than Porte today.

Good numbers for Froome, he was great today, but the first mountain stage, as in Hautacam, Lance did best numbers, clearly best numbers, becouse is a longer climb.

2003 is not possible to compare: longer stage, really hot, hardest Tour, Alps behind, and some things has improved in cycling this years,... so, his time then is still amazing, more impresive than in 2001, and of course more impresive than today Froome.

Taxus4a said:
Time goes...everything progress in life lot of thinks improve in cycling: technology, bikes, globalization means more people to select a champion... but some things are remaining; Laiseka still hold the best time in Ax 3 Domaines.

Contador and Andy looking each other, and stopping several times, did the same time than Porte today.

Good numbers for Froome, he was great today, but the first mountain stage, as in Hautacam, Lance did best numbers, clearly best numbers, becouse is a longer climb.

2003 is not possible to compare: longer stage, really hot, hardest Tour, Alps behind, and some things has improved in cycling this years,... so, his time then is still amazing, more impresive than in 2001, and of course more impresive than today Froome.

h71BE8CDD

Taxus4a said:
Time goes...everything progress in life lot of thinks improve in cycling: technology, bikes, globalization means more people to select a champion... but some things are remaining; Laiseka still hold the best time in Ax 3 Domaines.

I like Time by Pink Floyd.(the sun is the same in a relative way but you will be older)

burning said:

I dont understand your arguments. do you like cats? do you take drugs?

What is funny in mi post? :confused:

Ax 3 Domaines has never been the day chosen to make the difference till today.

If you are not agree you have to put a lot of thinks into consideration to compare two perfomances, we have differents view. Respect mine as I do with yours.

I agree there will be a time when clean cycling overpass the dark era...but that days is yet to come.

6,6 w/kg Lance in Hautacam, a long climb, it is not the same than 6,3 in Ax3 Domaines, a short climb.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Alex Simmons/RST said:
So do any of these calculations account for the significant wind that was clearly blowing?

If not, then it's all just ****ing in the wind.

Apparently it was a headwind along the final, flatter part. Haven't seen the route to know what that meant for the rest of the climb.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Taxus4a said:
Time goes...everything progress in life, lot of thinks improve in cycling: technology, bikes, globalization means more people to select a champion... but some things are remaining; Laiseka still hold the best time in Ax 3 Domaines.

Great post....
If only us (the survivors of the Epo, and then Armstrong-Era) could see it as clear... well i try my best, and came to the conclusion that Froome today wasn´t unusal at all. Still many don´t believe in anything anymore. OTOH that is cyclings fault.

Froome's VAM on Ax 3 Domaines is about 1800 m/hour, which is in suspicious cathegory. This performance was comparable to the likes of Pantanii and Armstrong on equally steep ascents. Their ascents (i.e. Alpe d' Huez) were longer but still Froome's result was impressive and gaps on this ascent were really big. Even more suspicious is that Porte could have similar performance if he had not been a helper. Two phenomenons in one team? I don't believe in such miracles any more.