• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 51 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
yea, it is allways a bummer, when **** doesnt work, and PCM never works haha

havent been past the main menu, keeps crashing when i want to play..

and here i thought they couldnt begin to make it worse then the previous version, i was wrong :(

mrhender said:
And what are your experiences with the simulation, does it have advantages or disadvantages regarding results? (given that you do the line-up before simulating the stage(s)... )
As i remember in the 2008 version it was a bad idea to let the comp pick your team?

Cheers

I hear you. Generally I'll have a small squad and do the bare minimum races, except a few 1.1 and HC classics that I like.

Simulation is generally ok, I'm pretty sure it doesn't take fitness into account as much as playing the stages though. For example if you have a decent sprinter who is out of shape you stand a better chance using simulation.
Typically I focus on climbing teams, so tend to sim a lot of flatish days in the relatively minor stage races, and TTs.
Sometimes you'll get silly gaps on slightly hilly stages where you're GC man would no way lose 2 minutes, but it's quite rare.
Also, you get injuries sometimes which never happens in 3D races.
It's a decent option if, like me, you want to progress a bit faster through seasons.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
No point starting career mate ( if you tried it out for few races okay, but not long term ) The patches coming up will not be compatible with the started careers.

Anyhow, the stats are awful. You should download a DB from something like PCM DAily.

Starts at 79 I believe
Froome is 85 though. So Don't be mislead by the scale of things. Compared to the daily that means if we take Froome = 83, then Kwiatkowski is 78 and Aru 77.

I've already copied the daily 2014 DB stats from pcm 2013 to pcm 2014
Unfortunately the game is not good for career yet. There is a transfer bug..
AI riders won't accept AI contracts. Just human ones lol.

Also, the game crashes every 2nd time i load a stage. 1st time goes fine, can ride and goes fluently. The 2nd stage or next race, crash while loading, ALWAYS. So after 1 stage I always have to restart the game :D

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Starts at 79 I believe
Froome is 85 though. So Don't be mislead by the scale of things. Compared to the daily that means if we take Froome = 83, then Kwiatkowski is 78 and Aru 77.

I've already copied the daily 2014 DB stats from pcm 2013 to pcm 2014
Unfortunately the game is not good for career yet. There is a transfer bug..
AI riders won't accept AI contracts. Just human ones lol.

Also, the game crashes every 2nd time i load a stage. 1st time goes fine, can ride and goes fluently. The 2nd stage or next race, crash while loading, ALWAYS. So after 1 stage I always have to restart the game :D

After the first patch Froome had 85, Kwia, Aru, Maijka and some other all 80. Contador and Nibali 84, Uran 83 and so on.

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
BYOP88 said:
So no point in getting PCM14 yet?

If you're planning on starting a career right away then no, there are still major bugs that will ruin that experience.

But you can play online, stages & stage races. I'm playing the 2014 TDF with Lampre right now (in stage race mode) and it's quite enjoyable with the whole freshness/recovery system.

Vino attacks everyone said:
Still playing 2013, and having a blast with the 2005 mod. Ullrich vs Armstrong immense battle. Vino was in yellow but lost over a minute on the first proper mountain stage. Hoping to go on the attack later to put Discovery under pressure :)

Ullrich is a beast! Armstrong does not stand a chance! :cool:

Is there anyone who knows where to find a good database for PCM14 or cares to share one? :cool: I started on modifying it myself but gave up after a few hours. I mean, if Sagan has 75 for downhilling, or Froome 82 in the hills, you know it will take ages to make the game 'realistic'.

The problem is PCM Daily has:

1) lost the owner and creator of the site PCM Daily and is now under new management
2) the same owner and creator also managed the team around the database. Now the DB team is in shambles. They even asked PCM Focus to help, but they have their own project

So the conclusion is
3) Expect no pcm daily db for the time being, and if there is, expect it to be of lower quality then it used to be.

My protip:
wait for the french community database of mede33.