• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Michielveedeebee said:
Not with Quick-Step :p
I use custom camera:) with Alt key

And Hitch playing PCM 09 with Astana is virtually the same as cheating in every single race that contains climbing :p

even with quick step if you send them on the wrong time and he doesn't manage to go up the peloton before the next section of cobbles the peloton might split and he won't be able to make the cut therefore not delivering.

i am too lazy for a custom camera XD

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
even with quick step if you send them on the wrong time and he doesn't manage to go up the peloton before the next section of cobbles the peloton might split and he won't be able to make the cut therefore not delivering.

i am too lazy for a custom camera XD

Do it once, it'll save :p Yeah but you've got so many good cobbled guys :p you can protect 4 of them and let 1 (De Jongh mostly) get the water whilst being protected, so if the peloton splits you just put him on 99DOT and he gets in the next peloton with the water without losing power:p it'll wreck the domestique though :p

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
yeah pr is the worst for getting water, the rider gets dropped or caught out half the time.

There are sum bugs regarding the water tho, sometimes the riders will go in to a1 even on a normal stage, I hate that :D

---

I haven't played pcm in ages, come on 11' :p
look forward to the ps3 tour game also. Would be epic if it had mp :p

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Thanks guys.

What i meant by the effort cursor was the second button from the left on the very bottom tab in this picture.

5214orig.jpg

THats the dot right? I said effort cursor because on my game when i go over that point it says "effort cursor".

I never knew what it meant so i never used it (only been playing it a day but still). Might explain why ive never won:p

I think that was your last race as DS.
Lance will be very upset because of running out of water. :D

Alberto doesn't care, because he gets bottles from Caisse.

The Hitch said:
Thanks guys.

What i meant by the effort cursor was the second button from the left on the very bottom tab in this picture.

THats the dot right? I said effort cursor because on my game when i go over that point it says "effort cursor".

I never knew what it meant so i never used it (only been playing it a day but still). Might explain why ive never won:p

The only thing I've ever used that for is to move my key riders up to near the front of the peloton in the first few km: have I been missing good tactics?

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure when the console version is out although apparently there is far less emphasis on management and you are acting as a single rider trying to win the tdf. I ordered from PC version from Play today for £15 good price ...

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
apparently you can now d/l and play the pc version.

anyone tried it Thoughts?

I shall try to d/l it at some point over the weekend.

http://www.pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=16284

Check pages 7-16 :p

Everybody is really postive. Best PCM im ages. So many good points that you should read that list without me expaling the awesomness ( at last :D ) of the game. it is really realsitic and excting. No more 8x. Sprints incredibly tense. Attacks possible on mountains and hills. Fight for trains in sprint. You can't pass rider now so you have to go around them - awesome.

You better read the comments anyway ;)

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:
no more x8 ? OH NOEESSSS! stages will be far too long now :( :p

but in all seriousness, on flat stages x8 was really a help imo...

There is 8x though you don't use it as you can qucikly fall back down the pack and the peleton might spilt very easily, if too much on 8x you might miss very important events like tha. The stages are totally unpredicatble and very tense as well exciting which maeks game so fun. You have to concentrate in the peleton, where in PCM 10 you hadn't at all.

Eariler I think I posted my comment i nwrong way about 8x :p Excuse me !

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Cobble Gameplay andHhilly Classics were big improvement too, quite happy with their work on this version after bid disapoitment last year.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Deafult DB is useless. In last PCM.Daily DB he had 76 in Mountains. 74 in Hills and TT. I think he will have very similar with new PCM.Daily DB coming out later in the week/two weeks.

Deafult DB are jsut complete wrong. Appollonio and Gallizymanov had bigger sprint stats than Goss, he had only 76 sprint while they had 78. 99% of the stats in deafult DB are way off, so no point even considering them ;)

P.S. I checked it for you Parrulo. He had 69 Mountain and 73 Hill. Preety laughable :D

By comparison, Kjel Carlstrom from Sky has 69 in Mooutain, also Gilbert is equal 69 in MO. Porte has 75, lol. Devolder has 71. The stats are useless as I said before ;) There is so many funny ones ;)

Gloin22 said:
Deafult DB is useless. In last PCM.Daily DB he had 76 in Mountains. 74 in Hills and TT. I think he will have very similar with new PCM.Daily DB coming out later in the week/two weeks.

deafult DB are jsut compeelte wrong. Appollonio and Gallizymanov had bigger sprint stats than Goss, he had only 76 sprint while they had 78. 99% of the stats in deafult DB are way off, so no point even considering them ;)

P.S. I checked it for you Parrulo. He had 69 Mountain and 73 Hill. Preety laughable :p

lawl lawl lawl

ya default db are always completely useless. i never play with them( i usually wait for pcm.daily db)

machado will prolly have similar stats as last year's daily db but he should be given some growth margin imo :p

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
And here comes the big downer:

Quote from the link TimmyRabo sent: "Time gaps on mountain stages are 5-10 minutes between the 1st and 10th".

Guys, that´s it for me. I´ll stay w/2009-PCM. All 2011-Improvements are useless if time gaps even got bigger, yet they should have been reduced.

TRENDING THREADS