• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
No I use CT's fast editor. Although any editor is good really (full editor).

I can explain it hopefully:

What you need
*A jersey of the national team in tga format, 32-bits
-optional, mini jersey (though I don't since it's only 2 races and I don't mind a missing square in the pre-race screen)
*country needs to have riders (oman and qatar don't produce riders, so aren't eligible, all other countries that produce scouted riders are already fine, even if they don't have pros yet)
*you need to edit the following tables:
-dyn_national_team
-sta_country

In DYN_national_team
*you need to edit the name (duh)
*the jersey abbreviation. For example, you want to replace the ukrainian team with Iran. You've changed Ukraine's name already. Now the jersey abbreviation is still nukr change it to nirn (or nira, whatever you prefer). Beware the jersey you have of the team should be named with that abbreviation + maillot. For example, normal ukrainian jersey would be nukr_mailllot.tga so the Iran jersey will be nirn_maillot.tga it has to be consistent!
*the amount of riders you can select for the road of timetrial (the table header is self-explanatory). Keep it realistic (9 man teams for a beginning country is crazy). I usually look at the CQ ranking in game and give the first 10 countries 9 men, and 2 for the timetrial. Then the next 10 countries 6 men, and 2 for the timetrial. And the remaining 6 nations 3 men and again 2 for the timetrial.

Then you need to change STA_country
*In sta_country you see a link to id number of DYN_national_team. First you have to change the link of the replaced country to 0. Then the new country gets that ID. For example, if Ukraine was 144 in DYN_national_team, now Iran gets 144, and Ukraine 0.
You can also create mixed-equipes by giving multiple countries the same ID. For example, create an "Africa" team in DYN_national_team and give South-Africa, Kenya, Eritrea and Tunisia the same ID as the created Africa team. The Full cycling manager DB has done this for instance

Then finally where to put the jersey:
*in 3d/cyclists/cloth/team/*abbreviationame*/
So for Iran, that would be 3d/cyclists/cloth/team/nirn/nirn_maillot.tga

I know it sounds complicated, but it's really easy to do.

Thanks, DT. I imagine people upload national jerseys exactly for this purpose, so I'll take a look, but regardless I won't be too interested in the WC until I have developed Finnish cycling a lot more, which means I'll probably just simulate it, so I can use any kit, really. :p

Where do you edit the u23 stuff? I imagine the process is roughly the same.

hrotha said:
Thanks, DT. I imagine people upload national jerseys exactly for this purpose, so I'll take a look, but regardless I won't be too interested in the WC until I have developed Finnish cycling a lot more, which means I'll probably just simulate it, so I can use any kit, really. :p

Where do you edit the u23 stuff? I imagine the process is roughly the same.

The dyn_national_team/sta_country is used for the U23 as well... so when you change a nation, that nation will appear in the U23 races as well (instead of replaced nation).

Dekker_Tifosi said:
The dyn_national_team/sta_country is used for the U23 as well... so when you change a nation, that nation will appear in the U23 races as well (instead of replaced nation).
Oh, so you can't have a country participate in the U23 races but not in the WC? I see.

Another question: can I edit this in the middle of a season, or should I wait until January 1st?

Thanks!

I'm unsure if you can edit in the middle of the season. To avoid catastrophe I do this at the end of the season (just after Japan Cup, when the final CQ rankings are known :D ) Then you'll see the effects next season.

Although with Fins ofcourse, it's a question wether they will perform. When I did this sort of project with Iran. I had to be lucky to find some Iranian guy who finished top 20 in 1 of the U23 races. Most of them didn't even finish top 60, but ofcourse I gave them contracts anyway. Because if the AI selects them for the U23 races they are the best the country has to offer. (there was even a potential 1 rider in there lol)

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
F.ck scouts. they are a waste of money. I watch the race results in the U23 category. Usually it's 21/22 year olds winning (they have better stats). But then I saw this 19-year old winning Giro delle Regione, and all my alarm bells went off :D signed him immediately. And I hit the jackpot

2nd season and Isaak has reached his limit in climbing already (84 MO!!), he's close to his limit in ITT (81 TT atm) . Also already has 82 REC. Most progress potential left is in hills, endurance and resistance.
Insane

Do you seriously get results doing that? I just look at the Young Riders section with the Fast Editor, that's much easier and you can pick anyone
you'd like to sign if you do this in the early season.
When the U23 season starts, I just select riders from the National team. On the rider page(top left) you can select a whole lot of riders from their country.
It might be a bit boring, and it takes some time, but when half of your young riders suck, it's no wonder you have to overrace the better ones, and ruin them.

I used to look at U23 results too, but the only decent rider I got by doing this is some Swiss Freire-type rider. I've already let him go, he still couldn't win anything with 81 SPR.
However by looking at the potential in the editor I now have 3 Dutch super-climbers with 80 and twice 83, won the Giro, Dauphine etc.

Just one question, what do you do to get that explosive progression? Normally it takes me 2-3 seasons to get talented riders to a top level. Or is it just hitting the jackpot?

I've done that a lot (fast editor, pick someone from nation, drop down till you find your potential 8/7 talent). But that made it too easy.

When you pick top riders from U23 results it makes it a bit more random and challenging. Some have reached their limit already and other have, to your amazement, great potential.

Using the fast editor to scout talent made it too easy to have a bunch of supertalents. Now I'm actually happy when I find a guy like Isaak.
And yes, you definately do get results this way. I've generally replaced 3/4 riders in my Saxo team with talents each year. And most of them are seriously good riders (5th season).

Lars Lopez, Sweden, did a top 5 in Flanders and top 10 in Roubaix this year
Eduardo Cotito, Colombian, top 10 in all ardennes classics this year. Last year top 5 Lombardy
Giorgo Masin, Italian, top 10 in AGR and LBL
Mikael Benny Faxe Jensen, Danish, top 10 in world CH 2 years ago, main domestique in the ardennes
Colins Van Ness, American, won mountain jersey in Giro in 2013, young riders jersey in Tour 2014 and Giro 2013.
Charley Brogaard, Danish, top sprinter (83 SP, 76 FL), won stages in Vuelta already and top 5/top 10 placings in Giro/Tour sprints. Also top 15 MSR.

These are some of my top talents and I have many more who are mainly domestiques for hte leaders but still have very good stats and could've been leader if they'd been in different teams.
None of them were scouted with fast editor. I do use fast editor to fix transfers and look at the limits they can achieve after I bought them :D

About the explosive progression: You simply have to be lucky there. The database holds about 30 different possible outcomes in progression. There's a strictly linear one, and up/hold/up/hold one, and also a Froome-like (explode at later age) one, etc. Most of my riders developed slowly. Brogaard took years to cultivate. Cotito is slowly but steadily progressing (he's also potential 8 hilly btw, but grows slow). But Isaak somehow exploded straight off the start.

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
hrotha said:
Yeah, apparently there's a problem with the current Steam version. You have to run the game manually, not through Steam. You won't get your playing time registered or the Steam achievements unlocked, but that's pretty minor, right.

Perfect thanks, got it working, started the game with Euskaltel Euskadi :)

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Would anyone like a custom jersey? Found it quite fun making my own kit, so thought I might try another.

My Slovenian talent (77 MO at 21, editor says he could go to 80 MO/80 TT) just won the NC too, yet another jersey to design. Thinking of doing a three-band jersey with the borders of the boundaries in the shape of mountains, like their football kit at the 2010 WC.

I just finished the first season on PCM '11 (PCMDAILY2012DB)

and for some reason Valverde and Antón (among others) left their teams, despite having fantastic seasons.

Now this would not be such a big problem, but no other team picked them up and it is the end of december now. Is there any way I can edit the database to have them 're-sign' with their old teams so that they can show up the next season?

Panda Claws said:
I just finished the first season on PCM '11 (PCMDAILY2012DB)

and for some reason Valverde and Antón (among others) left their teams, despite having fantastic seasons.

Now this would not be such a big problem, but no other team picked them up and it is the end of december now. Is there any way I can edit the database to have them 're-sign' with their old teams so that they can show up the next season?

There are always 3 or 4 (usually 4) top riders who don't get signed. What I do, after 1 november. Edit the DB indeed with the fast editor.
You must first make contracts for them in DYN_cyclist_contract (or (dyn_contract_cyclist, cna't remember from the top of my head). Assign a team ID (can be find in DYN_team) and the corresponding rider_id (from dyn_cyclist).
After that, you got to edit DYN_cyclist and assign the contract ID from dyn_contract_cyclist to the cyclists and again the team nr.

Sounds complicated but it's not that hard

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
There are always 3 or 4 (usually 4) top riders who don't get signed. What I do, after 1 november. Edit the DB indeed with the fast editor.
You must first make contracts for them in DYN_cyclist_contract (or (dyn_contract_cyclist, cna't remember from the top of my head). Assign a team ID (can be find in DYN_team) and the corresponding rider_id (from dyn_cyclist).
After that, you got to edit DYN_cyclist and assign the contract ID from dyn_contract_cyclist to the cyclists and again the team nr.

Latest patch supposedly fixed this,also paris nice no money(which i won as pro conti endura with JTL :D which peed me off no end as crappy budget so really wanted the euros)
speaking of talents :D have game on random potential(hence jtl a beast woot)
and Swift has noooo potential, couldnt find great/promising sprinter, so monitored worth watching one and :eek: 77 sp 78 acc 73 hill 69 Mo 75 ftr 71 tt 73 prl and more stars than a hollywood anti-aging clinic :D
ALso has anyone any tips?
My one would be if your a low budget team like mine,KOM gets you plenty of easy money and points when you dont have a very strong contender.
Edit.. fixed for 2012 anyhow

Dekker_Tifosi said:

Yeah, I did that and I got all different editors (the Vanilla one too) to show Valverde and Antón as being respectively with Movistar and Euskaltel.

But it is probably just impossible to do this once the new season has started, right?

Anyway, huge design flaw by Cyanide and not in any way realistic (except for Levi not finding a new team).

It's also possible during the season. But it gets tricky during transfer season. Then they might already have signed and you get duplicate contracts. So if you edit during season, at least do so before july (w free riders that is).

It isn't a design flaw by cyanide but more a bug. They didn't intend top riders to end without contract. But it isn't that bad really, previous PCM's where much, much worse. You sometimes had 15+ top riders without a contract after 1 season.. so after a few seasons half the top was gone

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
DT, do you know how to add or remove the dummy national championships? The ones where a national champion is declared, someone gets a jersey for a year, but no race actually takes place.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
It's also possible during the season. But it gets tricky during transfer season. Then they might already have signed and you get duplicate contracts. So if you edit during season, at least do so before july (w free riders that is).

It isn't a design flaw by cyanide but more a bug. They didn't intend top riders to end without contract. But it isn't that bad really, previous PCM's where much, much worse. You sometimes had 15+ top riders without a contract after 1 season.. so after a few seasons half the top was gone
I rationalize it as a doping ban. Same when someone signs for a team but doesn't seem to start any races (happened a lot in PCM09 at least when a Conti team signed a world-class rider for whatever reason; they'd only use him for the GTs if they could get an invite, and little else).

Yep, but that last bug is a result of unfinished work. I can see in the tables they had plans to make much, much more defined programs. But they never got around to finish it completely, not even in PCM 2012.

So they make these 'quick-fixes' between versions all the time. But you can still see the programming they intended to make for the leaders in sta_leader_specialization. They just never got around to make all the possible leader pograms for it in sta_program/sta_program_info. Especially for continental riders.
Which is why world class rider in continental tours have no program.

Shame really. Sometimes you'd think they are just lazy. But thats not the case. They just have impossible deadlines and cannot cope with it.
In short, the game has so much unused potential still...

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
It's hard-coded into the exe. Can't be done by DB. You'd need reverse engineering for that, or the source code (which cyanide will never give). So almost impossible

Okay, seems I just have to go through and re-write the NC manually then. So a country like GB can never have a 'proper' NC?

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
A proper NC is possible, if you it a day after the 'fake' national ch. Then you'd have the jersey for the correct rider. This is what most expanded db's have done the past few years

Yeah I was thinking I'd do that, went back into the editor and changed the ones that messed up, but this is a better way for sure. Does the computed date column need a new value if I set it to the 29th of June?

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Yep, but that last bug is a result of unfinished work. I can see in the tables they had plans to make much, much more defined programs. But they never got around to finish it completely, not even in PCM 2012.

So they make these 'quick-fixes' between versions all the time. But you can still see the programming they intended to make for the leaders in sta_leader_specialization. They just never got around to make all the possible leader pograms for it in sta_program/sta_program_info. Especially for continental riders.
Which is why world class rider in continental tours have no program.

Shame really. Sometimes you'd think they are just lazy. But thats not the case. They just have impossible deadlines and cannot cope with it.
In short, the game has so much unused potential still...
You'd think they'd make the game much easier to mod then, to allow the community to fix those issues they can't fix themselves. The problem, of course, is that games with a strong modding community have dramatically longer life expectancies, and that's not something you want when you're releasing a new version of the game every year.

I can't get riders to 're-sign' using the fast editor.

Here are some screenshots of me trying it (I think I am doing it right, but it somehow does not work).

Here is a screenshot of the contract I made for Leipheimer.

LeipheimerContract.png

Here is Leipheimer's file.

LeipheimerCyclist.png

I suppose I should edit something in this team file as well, but I would not know what. :confused:

NissanTeam.png

TRENDING THREADS