• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

QS 2018

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
They signed Asgreen when he was 21, and he had already proven that he was good TT'er among some other things.
They signed Sénéchal when he was 23, and he already had some decent results in the classics before that.
If a rider is dominant at a young age, you're suspicious of them. If a rider gets better when they get a bit older, you're suspicious. Stop being ridiculous.
Well, frankly, you can never be too suspicious when it comes to Patrick's wolf cubs... It's just way too obvious and happens way too often to go unnoticed.

This is so ridiculous. Senechal was an average domestique when they signed him, Asgreen an absolute nobody. Then this guy is going solo for 40km giving everything and still fresh enough to attack again for the win? Team didn't start as strong as expected last month, but now they definitely upped their game again.
This post doesn't help your "cause" at all. I think you know cycling better than this. But yes.... The whole lefevere system is suspicious

Senechal and Asgreen aren't from zero to hero stories.
Shane Archbold, the guy who finished 3rd last in the 2019 Vuelta suddenly finishing on the podium on rather hard hilly stages of Coppi e Bartali at the age of 32 would be closer to that, even if he's only doing it in a smaller race.

Reactions: roundabout
I just always wonder whether riders know how much their performance will go down when they leave Quickstep. And I'm a bit tired of this "great-leadout" stuff, because that explains just so little. So do they take the money knowing they won't win much anymore? Do they not know what will happen? What they will be lacking? I can't really understand it.

Reactions: Lui98
terpstra and viviani are prime examples of guys who made a name for themselves, left for a bigger contract and then mysteriously ehm ehm "couldnt find their previous form" , but then you have guys like cancellara or cavendish who left and became leaders

that being said i fully expect bob jungels to never do anything for like 2 years over at ag2r

terpstra and viviani are prime examples of guys who made a name for themselves, left for a bigger contract and then mysteriously ehm ehm "couldnt find their previous form" , but then you have guys like cancellara or cavendish who left and became leaders

that being said i fully expect bob jungels to never do anything for like 2 years over at ag2r
There are numerous good examples, but I don't think Terpstra is the greatest one. The guy really has known a lot of bad luck with hard crashes since he left Quickstep.

TRENDING THREADS