• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

R.E.S.P.E.C.T. to Chris Horner

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
offbyone said:
I agree. They should pull him after the first couple pyrennes days so they don't blow him.

You both are correct and he may try for a stage now that Rui is out of GC neighborhood. Makes much sense and probably part of why he slowed in the last stage...rest up for the rest day and then hit it hard.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Oldman said:
Not if you're riding the Tour for training. I think he shut down once he knew Rui wasn't going to make it. Yesterday's stage shouldn't have been a problem for CH until the last 6 km. Wouldn't be surprised if his team also let him approach it that way; they had a guy in the break as well that was in Rui's neighborhood at the finish.

I wondered about that. I saw him go back to Rui to help him and after Rui popped I kinda expected him to go back to the front group but he hung around Rui finishing 20 yards behind him at the finish. Maybe he is 'serving his time' till the Vuelta. If he drops out in the Pyrenees it should confirm he may have more leeway at the Vuelta.

Rich

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
cineteq said:
Horner said he felt better today. Although, he sounded like someone who has asthma.

After the weeks of rain they endured I'm surprised they all don't sound like West Virginia coal miners with a two-pack a day cigarette habit. Tough to keep healthy and another + for Nibali, Valverde for persevering.

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
gregrowlerson said:
Damn...

Wanted to see how he would go in this Vuelta.

But looking on the bright side, there's always Alberto :)

I’d rather see Horner race than this pistolero guy. No way his appearance in the race is bright :-s

TRENDING THREADS