• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

R.E.S.P.E.C.T. to Chris Horner

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Rollthedice said:
He said it in an interview on Eurosport. He wants to ride for another 3-5 years

lol... I think he'll find that his years finally catch up with him before three more seasons go by.

Well, it's game on again tomorrow with the first of three straight mountain stages. Can the old man hang in there?

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Rollthedice said:
He said it in an interview on Eurosport. He wants to ride for another 3-5 years

I thought what he meant was that he was not interested in a one-yr contract.

any chances for the Alonso team to pick him up.

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Another good effort today, hopefully he can get better in the final week and give Nibali a bit of a challenge but going well so far.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
A 42 yr old matching every attack of a 29yr old. This is the kind of story that inspires the poor folks passing through mid-life crisis!

I just hope he is fresh enough at Angliru for the final showdown.

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Vuelta_2013_15_etape_Vincenzo_Nibali_og_Christopher_Horner.jpg

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
that image makes more sense after today's stage.

I guess he was probably measuring nibbles in the last 2 stages, and attacked in this stage.

Experience has its benefits. :p

murali said:
that image makes more sense after today's stage.

I guess he was probably measuring nibbles in the last 2 stages, and attacked in this stage.

Experience has its benefits. :p
Let us be clear. He did not attack he responded to the others attack and they all basically left Nibali behind. I am not even sure Horner realized Nibble was not with them because he was concentrating on not loosing time to purito and keeping up with Valverde and Pinot

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Dedelou said:
He did not attack he responded to the others attack and they all basically left Nibali behind. I am not even sure Horner realized Nibble was not with them because he was concentrating on not loosing time to purito and keeping up with Valverde and Pinot

technically, it is a defense.

I am pretty sure that he was aware of nibali not being with him. he reads the race better than others.

Considering two hard stages, where he was the only person to keep up with the red jersey and even follow him, lack of attack in stage 16 is not bad. he is, after all, 42.

the thing is, he still needs to make 30 seconds before madrid.

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
bladerunner said:
At 40 years of age and after a difficult illness 8 months ago, the man deserves R.E.S.P.E.C.T. for finishing on the podium today.

Yep. Unbelievable, extra-terrestrial, out of this world, extraordinary performances. The results of the type of preparation Oleg Tinkoff was tweeting about ;)

TRENDING THREADS