• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

R.E.S.P.E.C.T. to Chris Horner

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

snccdcno

BANNED
Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Ricco' said:
With Horner being in Colombia, I guess it's Lemus time to shine for Airgas in Qinghai Lake? Or will Papy do the two races?

Horner isn't down on the start-list on the official race website he's on as one of the reserves and Lemus is on it, so barring a late change of mind, what you said.

Re: Re:

Choppy Warburton said:
ray j willings said:
I think it's all over for Horner. He has a sh%% load of health issues. Bad luck.

He's had a good innings, did he nt have some trouble moving to Europe when he was younger which undermined hs career? I think I remember hearing all this US crap about food etc. I've been in the States for a while and there is a fast food joint every street, what is this special cleans food they eat, I;ve yet to witness it.

Are supermarkets and farmer's markets invisible to you?

Re:

Netserk said:
Utah, here we come!!!!!!!!

_O_

August's Best Race In The World™

No Lampre this year which should mean Giant which means (more) havoc and fireworks.

Jorge%2BJesus%2BDancing.gif

So which will Horner race?

edit: :eek: No Giant.

Angliru said:
Choppy Warburton said:
ray j willings said:
I think it's all over for Horner. He has a sh%% load of health issues. Bad luck.

He's had a good innings, did he nt have some trouble moving to Europe when he was younger which undermined hs career? I think I remember hearing all this US crap about food etc. I've been in the States for a while and there is a fast food joint every street, what is this special cleans food they eat, I;ve yet to witness it.

Are supermarkets and farmer's markets invisible to you?

But they are no different from Europe? One of the complaints/reasons I heard on ES was he couldn't get used to the food over in Europe, I know LeMond had similar issues but his career was in the pre internet era prior to full globalization, apologies also for not explaining myself properly earlier r.e. the food issue, it was a vague post

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
No Colorado for Horner. They invited Israeli Cycling Academy team instead.

WTF? If not Airgas, why not another American team?
I hope Pappy can take Utah, just to piss them off and create some outrage.

... sad days when politics win over common sense ... especially in sports.

Re:

Jancouver said:
No Colorado for Horner. They invited Israeli Cycling Academy team instead.

WTF? If not Airgas, why not another American team?
I hope Pappy can take Utah, just to piss them off and create some outrage.

... sad days when politics win over common sense ... especially in sports.

Same applies to Cali. Airgas was outraged then, want to see their reaction now.

Feel bad for Horner. I think the organizers should have waited until the weekend to announce the teams. If Horner wins/podiums Utah, it will make the organizers look like clowns. If he doesn't score the podium, they can say his team doesn't deserve to be there. But to say a former winner of the Tour of Spain shouldn't be in the race when a team from Israel I've never heard is - well someone isn't thinking.

Re:

WildspokeJoe said:
Feel bad for Horner. I think the organizers should have waited until the weekend to announce the teams. If Horner wins/podiums Utah, it will make the organizers look like clowns. If he doesn't score the podium, they can say his team doesn't deserve to be there. But to say a former winner of the Tour of Spain shouldn't be in the race when a team from Israel I've never heard is - well someone isn't thinking.

Astana Etixx Tinkoff (Specialized sponsored teams) will not ride Colorado.

Israel Sagan´s team have Specialized as main sponsor....

pastronef said:
WildspokeJoe said:

Astana Etixx Tinkoff (Specialized sponsored teams) will not ride Colorado.

Israel Sagan´s team have Specialized as main sponsor....

I get what you're saying but if the organizers want to bring attention to the event they would have a better shot with a former Vuelta winner than placating a sponsor. I really don't understand the justification for not including Horner Airgas/Safeway. Cycling is having a tough time getting new sponsors into the sport. If I was Airgas/Safeway, I'd step away instead of trying to build a program. They get no return on their investment.

DBotero said:
Nice move to invite such a famous team from Israel vs a former Vuelta winner nobody ever heard about.This move will surely growth the people interest for this race.

I am undecided between the interest Horner would bring (US public would have liked to see him race) and the opinion about his fellow riders, who seem not to like him much, and know about his PED history...

TRENDING THREADS