• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race for the White Jersey

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Pharazon said:
i wouldn't be too sure..

Uran isn#t a half bad TTer...

i think white is his unless he has a bad day in the alps

In the Dauphine, the TT results were:

9. Taaramae +1.56
18. Uran +2.41
55. Jeannesson +3.49
92. Rolland +4.53

May 25, 2010
Visit site
roundabout said:
After the Tour de l'Avenir I kinda expected a bit more from him. But hopefully this year is the big breakthrough.

What is it about this race? It seems every decent youngster that' comes through recently has done well at this race. Is it like the u/23 equivalent of a GT?

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Tuarts said:
What is it about this race? It seems every decent youngster that' comes through recently has done well at this race. Is it like the u/23 equivalent of a GT?

More or less. That and the Baby Giro are the best proving grounds for u23 future GT types.

A

Anonymous

Mambo95 said:

9. Taaramae +1.56
18. Uran +2.41
55. Jeannesson +3.49
92. Rolland +4.53

Uran can keep within a minute of so Taaramae in the TT no problem. It was good to see Rigo riding sensibly today, he probably could have attacked at the bottom and maybe they would have let him get away, but he focussed on where the other contenders were and stuck with them. very mature ride.

Really depends on how he is in the Alps. Hes pretty much back from his early race injury now and the alps and their height should in theory suit him better than the pyranees.

its sad for Wiggins the way sky's focus has had to change, but i will be back in a week to remind everyone that I said back in february Uran could win white if anything happened to gesink.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Uran can keep within a minute of so Taaramae in the TT no problem. It was good to see Rigo riding sensibly today, he probably could have attacked at the bottom and maybe they would have let him get away, but he focussed on where the other contenders were and stuck with them. very mature ride.

Really depends on how he is in the Alps. Hes pretty much back from his early race injury now and the alps and their height should in theory suit him better than the pyranees.

its sad for Wiggins the way sky's focus has had to change, but i will be back in a week to remind everyone that I said back in february Uran could win white if anything happened to gesink.

Hopefully, he'll stay strong (he's had a problem fading in the third week of GTs before - but he's riding his own race now and he's a year older). He's White Jersey age next year too.

Next year Sky could have an embarrassment of riches - Uran, Wiggins, EBH, Thomas and probably Cavendish, and the unknown quantity Henao. What are they going to do with them all?

Mambo95 said:
Hopefully, he'll stay strong (he's had a problem fading in the third week of GTs before - but he's riding his own race now and he's a year older). He's White Jersey age next year too.

Next year Sky could have an embarrassment of riches - Uran, Wiggins, EBH, Thomas and probably Cavendish, and the unknown quantity Henao. What are they going to do with them all?

Olympics next year...

Wiggins & Thomas might not ride the tour

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Pharazon said:
Olympics next year...

Wiggins & Thomas might not ride the tour

Thomas is an issue certainly, but I really can't see Wiggins passing up the Tour (I have a hunch there will be two TTs next year). Although a medal would make him the first ever Brit to win 7 medals. He'd only be co-leader at the Tour though.

Anyway, this talk should be for another thread. TSF - start a Sky thread. After all this is a British website (ex-Aussie).

A

Anonymous

Mambo95 said:
Thomas is an issue certainly, but I really can't see Wiggins passing up the Tour (I have a hunch there will be two TTs next year). Although a medal would make him the first ever Brit to win 7 medals. He'd only be co-leader at the Tour though.

Anyway, this talk should be for another thread. TSF - start a Sky thread. After all this is a British website (ex-Aussie).

I think we have quite enough threads by now.

But, if sky end the tour with a stage win, Geraint in white for five days, and Rigo winning white all without wiggins then there will be most certainly a thread.

Certainly this year people cant really knock the boys in green.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Mambo95 said:

9. Taaramae +1.56
18. Uran +2.41
55. Jeannesson +3.49
92. Rolland +4.53

Why are you all overlooking our new young Dutch hope in dark days?? If we're talking Dauphine, how about the complete stats?

TT

54. Rob Ruijgh +3.48

Final Dauphine standings

14. Rob Ruijgh +9'02"
18. Rolland +13'08"
20. Gesink +16'17"
28. Uran +24'58"
45. Taaramae +32'56"
69. Jeannesson +43'04"

Food for thought, eh?;)

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
Why are you all overlooking our new young Dutch hope in dark days?? If we're talking Dauphine, how about the complete stats?

I didn't see this Rob R fellow all day.

And because much like West Ham last season, I really couldn't be bothered with anything more than the bare minimum.

(I'm a fellow sufferer BTW)

Mambo95 said:

This is how he's done well. A bit like how Rubén Plaza and Kevin de Weert got up to the top 20 last year, just by riding within themselves, not trying to keep up with the heads of state, and being part of the next group every day. He's not been outside the top 50 on any stage this race. Not been higher than 17th on any (Cap Fréhel and Plateau de Beille, if anyone's interested) though.

In the Dauphiné he did a similar job - top 25 on every stage but the TTs. 16th to La Toussuire being his best mountain showing, at 1'42" next to our friend Pierre Rolland.

He can definitely climb a bit though - at last year's Settimana Lombarda they had a mountain ITT, and Ruijgh was 6th. Behind Scarponi, Carrara, Niemiec, Riccò and Zanasca, but ahead of Sella, Pardilla, Tschopp, Serpa and Rasmussen.

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:

TT

54. Rob Ruijgh +3.48

Final Dauphine standings

14. Rob Ruijgh +9'02"
18. Rolland +13'08"
20. Gesink +16'17"
28. Uran +24'58"
45. Taaramae +32'56"
69. Jeannesson +43'04"

Food for thought, eh?;)

Taaramae only went for Dauphne cuz of the timetrial, he finished in the grupetto one day ffs.. why not dutch hero Gesink time trial result?
23. 2.49

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
how did you get to 1.8k points without knowing what l'avenir is, is beyond me :p

Of course I've heard of it, I even checked its results last year when wondering who Michael Matthews was. Just pointing out how much of a proving ground it seems to be, like a bottleneck from u/23 ranks to the Pro Peloton.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Mambo95 said:

And because much like West Ham last season, I really couldn't be bothered with anything more than the bare minimum.

(I'm a fellow sufferer BTW)

I suppose there was bound to be another sufferer here just by the law of averages.;)

I would SO like to see Ruijgh get into the breakaway today! Vacance's best shot at an 'honor' would be for him to have a serious go at the white jersey - he's 'only' 5 mins down. These are the only remaining contenders for white.

1. URAN Rigoberto 118 SKY PROCYCLING 65h 32' 29"
2. TAARAMAE Rein 151 COFIDIS LE CREDIT EN LIGNE 65h 33' 36" + 01' 07"
3. ROLLAND Pierre 188 TEAM EUROPCAR 65h 33' 54" + 01' 25"
4. JEANNESSON Arnold 134 FDJ 65h 34' 39" + 02' 10"
5. RUIJGH Rob 208 VACANSOLEIL-DCM 65h 37' 30" + 05' 01"
6. COPPEL Jérôme 211 SAUR-SOJASUN 65h 37' 37" + 05' 08"

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
I suppose there was bound to be another sufferer here just by the law of averages.;)

I would SO like to see Ruijgh get into the breakaway today! Vacance's best shot at an 'honor' would be for him to have a serious go at the white jersey - he's 'only' 5 mins down. These are the only remaining contenders for white.

1. URAN Rigoberto 118 SKY PROCYCLING 65h 32' 29"
2. TAARAMAE Rein 151 COFIDIS LE CREDIT EN LIGNE 65h 33' 36" + 01' 07"
3. ROLLAND Pierre 188 TEAM EUROPCAR 65h 33' 54" + 01' 25"
4. JEANNESSON Arnold 134 FDJ 65h 34' 39" + 02' 10"
5. RUIJGH Rob 208 VACANSOLEIL-DCM 65h 37' 30" + 05' 01"
6. COPPEL Jérôme 211 SAUR-SOJASUN 65h 37' 37" + 05' 08"

All 6 of those guys could win, it will simply depend on who has the best final week. Could come down to the TT of which would advantage Taaramae.

auscyclefan94 said:
All 6 of those guys could win, it will simply depend on who has the best final week. Could come down to the TT of which would advantage Taaramae.

Uran himself is a very capable timetrialier,if I was Taaramae I wouldn't want to have to make up more than a minute. I believe these 2 are the major favs for me and am looking for climbing battle.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

uran will win it with ease. he's better than any of those in itt except mayeb taaramae and uran has best recuperation so he will only improve in the alpes

TRENDING THREADS