• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race for the White Jersey

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
when does uran ever had a bad day, unless he crashed? he's very consistant in fact and known to recuperate well unlike coppel who hasn't proven anything and has only gotten worse in itt since being u23

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
when does uran ever had a bad day, unless he crashed? he's very consistant in fact and known to recuperate well unlike coppel who hasn't proven anything and has only gotten worse in itt since being u23
And he still beat Uran with half a minute in the Dauphine TT :rolleyes:

Ryo Hazuki said:
Of course Coppel hasn't proved to be more consistent than Urán, but that's why the white jersey is not a done thing yet, even if Urán is clearly the favourite right now. See Jeannesson losing over 5 minutes the other day after impressing on Luz Ardiden.

As for Coppel's ITT skills, even if he hasn't progressed the last few years (which is highly debatable), he's still better than Urán, who's just pretty decent and able to fend for himself and limit his losses.

Ryo Hazuki said:
uran will do top 15 in final itt for sure, coppel won't. I will take a big bet that uran will win over coppel in final itt
I'd take an avatar bet if I didn't think that Coppel won't recover well enough and he won't have the energy or the mental strength to do well in that ITT. :p

Oh, why the hell not. If Coppel beats Urán in that TT, you'll sport an Andy Schleck avatar until the start of the Vuelta. Same for me if Urán beats Coppel. Deal?

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
that's kind of painful if I win. I don't like to see andy schleck avatars, you take a jose rujano avatar until start of vuelta and I take an avatar you chose

how can you possible see coppel as danger?? he is already minutes behind and is in the mountains far worse

in the ITT he might get 30s-45s? But he is already minutes behind.
Seriously ppl stop overrating Coppel. If there is any danger it's maybe Rolland but he sucks in ITT

Ryo Hazuki said:
that's kind of painful if I win. I don't like to see andy schleck avatars, you take a jose rujano avatar until start of vuelta and I take an avatar you chose
Ok, Candy for you, Rujano for me. Deal.

Note: I must stick to my Rebellin avatar until the end of the Tour, so I wouldn't be able to change it until the last stage ends.

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Don't underestimate Taaramäes recuperation , he still is a huge threat(only one imo) to Uran but i dont see him able to follow Urans wheel in the mountains.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
The ITT isn't relevant, Uran will take time out of all the younger riders in the next 2 mountain stages standing on his head and a get a bigger lead. He also has Zandio pulling him along and looking out for him so he should be OK.

A

Anonymous

sublimit said:
The ITT isn't relevant, Uran will take time out of all the younger riders in the next 2 mountain stages standing on his head and a get a bigger lead. He also has Zandio pulling him along and looking out for him so he should be OK.

He also had Geraint stuck to him on the descent today, the team is clearly now 100% commited to him, and hes up to 10th overall now. The way hes climbing top ten is now a possibility which would be massive for the team considering they lost their leader.

TeamSkyFans said:
He also had Geraint stuck to him on the descent today, the team is clearly now 100% commited to him, and hes up to 10th overall now. The way hes climbing top ten is now a possibility which would be massive for the team considering they lost their leader.

Not just a possibility. Given Saturday and his awful TT, my main interest now is in seeing Rigo pass Cunego on GC by Sunday.

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Taaramäe ripped the group to pieces with his attack today, only the Schlecks, bertie, Tommy V, Sanchez and a few more were able to follow, Uran fell off the back straight away, great descending tho by Uran

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
A lot of riders have trouble at high altitude (2000m). Tomorrow there 1,700m of vertical climbing above 2000m and there's a full 115km above 1300m.

Uran, from Urrao, Colombia (altitude: 1800m) is going to love it.

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Is it crazy to think that Pierre Rolland is the biggest threat? He's seemed to have super powers in guiding Voeckler to the summits of Plateau de Beille and Luz-Ardiden. If Uran gets gapped off early on the Galibier or even on one of the earlier climbs, Rolland could capitalize.