Race Thread

Page 57 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Wow, i have seldomly seen a team bungle it like that. Sven Nys doesn't think they made a mistake tactically. :tearsofjoy:

EDIT: apparently Michael Vantourenhout lost his nephew this week in a car accident, and he was very emotional. Sweeck at least doesn't understand the tactics from TFL, when they had a 2v1 advantage, they drop the pace and let Iserbyt and Vantourenhout come back into the race, instead of either working together or sacrificing one guy for the other to keep the advantage.

Last edited:
Why did this race changed from Hoogstraten to Merksplas?

I liked more the old course, this one didn't appeal much to me. 2018 was a great race for both male and females on that mudfest.

It seems we've been losing some great parcours over the time. It seems we will not have anymore the traditional Ronse parcours from now on. Really liked that one and also Spa who's not been done for a couple of seasons.

I liked more the old course, this one didn't appeal much to me. 2018 was a great race for both male and females on that mudfest.

It seems we've been losing some great parcours over the time. It seems we will not have anymore the traditional Ronse parcours from now on. Really liked that one and also Spa who's not been done for a couple of seasons.
Really? Hoogstraten is one of the most uninspiring courses out there. A pure, so called 'weidecross' with only artificial obstacles, much like Merksplas. They're 'lucky' to often have mudfests indeed.

Apart from that, Merksplas Kolonie is a much more beautiful location.

They built warehouse units in the fields where it was I think. It's also a shame about Ronse and Spa also wasn't as popular being down in wallonia. Its a shame as it was a good course. They've also built a Rallycross on parts of where the riders races.

The Merksplas course was in my view a really great course with the current wet muddy conditions. Lots of tricky sections paired with some faster ones. It was apparently difficult with many mistakes among the elite riders. Great racing!

ASK THE COMMUNITY