• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race Thread

Page 120 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think Nys is overrated and it's good he'll be doing the u23 races. While he's a good rider and has come from good stock, he's never been super dominant apart from as a second year junior and is only breaking through into the top 10 of elite races this season.
Still 5th in the first two world cups isn’t too shabby for a youngster. But he is a long way off Iserbyt. Let’s see if he dominates the u23 season.

I think Nys is overrated and it's good he'll be doing the u23 races. While he's a good rider and has come from good stock, he's never been super dominant apart from as a second year junior and is only breaking through into the top 10 of elite races this season.
Perhaps so based on Belgian expectations as always, but his results so far at senior level seem to be better than Isybert was achieving at his age.
Time will tell, although this is likely to be his last full cross season, next year onwards he is road focused.

While the gap he ultimately got doesn't really do it justice, Leo Bisiaux dominated the first junior World Cup in many moons this morning. Took the lead somewhere in the second lap and never looked back. The gap in level and talent between this generation is very small, and we could have a different winner every weekend.

The best part of that is that there are many different nationalities in them, different continents, even. The races will no longer be dominated by Belgium, Netherlands or the UK. Leo Bisiaux, Fontin Gloux, Baptiste Gregoire and Paul Seixas representing France. AJ August and David Thompson representing the US. Ian Ackert for Canada. Daniel Nielsen from Denmark. Vaclav Jezek and Pavel Sumpik representing the Czech Republic. Mathias Schwarzbacher from Slovakia. Tomasso Cafueri and Samuele Scappini for Italy. Last but not least, there's also Barnabas Vas, Kata's younger brother. Good stuff.

I think AJ August had some mechanical problems or a crash unfortunately, only 10th. After that, he posted just as good a lap times as Bisieux, some even better. Big talent from the States once more.

While the gap he ultimately got doesn't really do it justice, Leo Bisiaux dominated the first junior World Cup in many moons this morning. Took the lead somewhere in the second lap and never looked back. The gap in level and talent between this generation is very small, and we could have a different winner every weekend.

The best part of that is that there are many different nationalities in them, different continents, even. The races will no longer be dominated by Belgium, Netherlands or the UK. Leo Bisiaux, Fontin Gloux, Baptiste Gregoire and Paul Seixas representing France. AJ August and David Thompson representing the US. Ian Ackert for Canada. Daniel Nielsen from Denmark. Vaclav Jezek and Pavel Sumpik representing the Czech Republic. Mathias Schwarzbacher from Slovakia. Tomasso Cafueri and Samuele Scappini for Italy. Last but not least, there's also Barnabas Vas, Kata's younger brother. Good stuff.

I think AJ August had some mechanical problems or a crash unfortunately, only 10th. After that, he posted just as good a lap times as Bisieux, some even better. Big talent from the States once more.
I was really interested to see how Ackert would be when/if he came across to Europe after riding really strong in the US races this year and the worlds last year. It's good to see Canada and the USA sending younger riders out to these races and getting the experience as juniors and such a shame British cycling havent done so, especially considering they have done to Tabor in the past even when there's been a National Trophy round.

It's also great to see a French rider winning a world cup again. While we haven't seen them convert that many good junior/u23 riders into good elites, it's nice to see them at the front after some seasons where they've seemingly even been absent from the front of these younger race categories

That was a good race, but Tabor could do with a refresh, apart from the barriers there's very little technical to it.

3/3 for Van Empel; one wonders can she keep this form throughout the season; we saw what happened when McConnell dominated the early part of the MTB World Cup....

It's also great to see a French rider winning a world cup again. While we haven't seen them convert that many good junior/u23 riders into good elites, it's nice to see them at the front after some seasons where they've seemingly even been absent from the front of these younger race categories

Yes, I agree. The problem with promising junior/U23 riders who aren't Dutch/Belgian, is they tend to end up on the Road/MTB.....

Startlists for Maasmechelen are out with not much unexpected. Vos and Backstedt are back racing world cups although her teammate Honsinger isn't listed. Actual decent list of British riders on the start lists but no Anna Kay and no elite men which I assume is as Kay and Mein are the local riders for the national Trophy and then Cam Mason hasn't properly started his season aswell as stating he's doing less races this season.

TRENDING THREADS