• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race Thread

Page 121 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apparently Vas beat Vos but we have no pictures yet to prove it:
Clipboard.png

Reactions: Wyndbrook
Well I can promise Vas did beat Vos as I stood there and watched her do so!

WvA will apparently start a similar time to last year around beginning/end of Nov/Dec depending on training, while Pidscok will start in about a months time. MvdP kind of unknown but I think I remember seeing something about it being mid November. He's already in Spain doing some riding this week so it's been a much shorter rest period than WvA considering MvdP went racing a 2 or 3 weeks after the end of worlds.

Quick question from a noob. I'm hopefully going to my first ever race in Dublin.

Does cyclocross require tickets to watch or is that just for VIP seats like road ?

Yes it does (talking about belgian races and World Cups. Other series and countries may not require).

Dublin World Cup tickets should be bought in the below website but either they are already sold out or they didn't started selling them. They should cost 15 euros per person, nevertheless.

Reactions: jmdirt
Yes it does (talking about belgian races and World Cups. Other series and countries may not require).

Dublin World Cup tickets should be bought in the below website but either they are already sold out or they didn't started selling them. They should cost 15 euros per person, nevertheless.

Nice thanks. I doubt they will sell out so I'll keep checking for this "soon" date.

Big cycling doesn't come to Ireland often so I can't wait

I really wish the men had another CX racer take a step up to challenge Iserbyt. It's getting pretty predictable again.
Well Lars had the beating of him today, two punctures made it impossible.
Only one happy person on the podium today, Sweck still very critical of the Sauce boys seemed to think they should have taken more responsibility.
Never mind, another day tomorrow, should be a good race.

Reactions: jmdirt
Well Lars had the beating of him today, two punctures made it impossible.
Only one happy person on the podium today, Sweck still very critical of the Sauce boys seemed to think they should have taken more responsibility.
Never mind, another day tomorrow, should be a good race.
Sweeck needs to step it up a notch if he wants to beat Iserbyt. He's just not strong enough right now.

Reactions: Wyndbrook
While the gap he ultimately got doesn't really do it justice, Leo Bisiaux dominated the first junior World Cup in many moons this morning. Took the lead somewhere in the second lap and never looked back. The gap in level and talent between this generation is very small, and we could have a different winner every weekend.

The best part of that is that there are many different nationalities in them, different continents, even. The races will no longer be dominated by Belgium, Netherlands or the UK. Leo Bisiaux, Fontin Gloux, Baptiste Gregoire and Paul Seixas representing France. AJ August and David Thompson representing the US. Ian Ackert for Canada. Daniel Nielsen from Denmark. Vaclav Jezek and Pavel Sumpik representing the Czech Republic. Mathias Schwarzbacher from Slovakia. Tomasso Cafueri and Samuele Scappini for Italy. Last but not least, there's also Barnabas Vas, Kata's younger brother. Good stuff.

I think AJ August had some mechanical problems or a crash unfortunately, only 10th. After that, he posted just as good a lap times as Bisieux, some even better. Big talent from the States once more.
Pretty much the same names as last week, though Wyseure seems to be DNS. Important entry as opposed to last week: the Brits have arrived. Jacob Bush, Oliver Akers and Alfie Amey means trouble. Don't know too much about Max Greensill. There's also a Fin starting with the last name Borremans, interesting.

Another interesting name making his debut in the U23 World Cup: enter Jan Christen.

How are the Pauwels Sauzen guys seen by the public in Belgium?

From watching from a distance I have a feeling that some persons in the cross scene are not very welcoming towards them (and they sometimes pass the feeling of being two little bullies, not gonna lie). Both Ian Field on Fayetteville and Helen Wyman yesterday were suggesting being fed up with their tactics.

How are the Pauwels Sauzen guys seen by the public in Belgium?

From watching from a distance I have a feeling that some persons in the cross scene are not very welcoming towards them (and they sometimes pass the feeling of being two little bullies, not gonna lie). Both Ian Field on Fayetteville and Helen Wyman yesterday were suggesting being fed up with their tactics.
They can only do this now because they are two of the strongest racers in the race. If a healthy Wout showed up he'd just put the hurt on both of them and there isn't a thing they could do about it.

Latest posts