• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race Thread

Page 192 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Is it then correct to assume that the two Anne are qualified unless FVE and/or PP get one (1) top-8 world cup or top-8 EC or top-12 WC? Or do FVE/PP also have to beat Anne and Anne?
It doesn't say anything about that, but I'm just assuming they will pick the one who they think has the most chance of winning a medal, all other factors being equal.
How Puck handles the step up to the Elites will be interesting. If Fem dominates the U23 this year, and does well early next season, who knows?
For the Dutch the major worry is the men; at the moment they won't be sending anybody
I don't know if Fem will stay with the U23s, I think her coach said they want to evaluate this summer if the Olympic dream is realistic and they won't really know that from racing with the U23s.

You're right about the men, there's three good or decent Dutch mountainbikers (Van der Poel, Vader, and Nordemann) and none of them has done any racing the past year.

May be we won't see MVdP next winter.
"Last year, of course, it was because of my back," Van der Poel said, referring to his late start to the 2022 road campaign.
"But when I don't do cyclocross I have a good build-up [for the road season]. That's the problem – it's so busy. I didn't want to miss the Worlds in Hoogerheide for all the money in the world. But if I had to map out the perfect winter now, it would be one without cyclocross."

Reactions: stonerider
Cx riders have been doing well in the Oberoesterreich Rundfahrt again. Daan Soete and Lander Lockx almost managed to lock out the top 2 spots of the prologue for a third year running however unfortunately Soete's time (eventually third) was matched by italian Bruttomesso, 1 second behind Loockx. Victor Van de Putte was 4th, Verstrynge 6th, Kielich 9th, Sweeck 11th and Vandebosch 16th. The first stage was then won by Kielich with Sweeck 4th and Loockx 5th.

On the women's side, Pieterse has re-signed with Alpecin Deceuninck/Fenix Deceuninck through to 2027.

CX Teams registered for 2023/24 season are being published; something interesting is that Puck is not (yet) on the list of names for Alpecin, as well as DvdP and Toon Vandenbosch.
It's probably nothing; and the XC World Cup is only at the halfway point - she is the leader, and could win the overall. The final World Cup in Canada is 5th October.....

Reactions: Wyndbrook

CX Teams registered for 2023/24 season are being published; something interesting is that Puck is not (yet) on the list of names for Alpecin, as well as DvdP and Toon Vandenbosch.
It's probably nothing; and the XC World Cup is only at the halfway point - she is the leader, and could win the overall. The final World Cup in Canada is 5th October.....
Seems odd, maybe she will ride for another Roodhoft team, Crelan as was is not listed

Perhaps Ineos will register a team, think you need a minimum of six riders!.

Last edited:
I think she's very much a face of Alpecin off-road. Maybe she'll only have a short season, due to the MTB season finishing in October - and then targeting the Olympics?

Have Ineos got 6 riders for CX? Saying that, they registered as a MTB team, including Pidcock, PFP, Turner & Tulett....

I think she's very much a face of Alpecin off-road. Maybe she'll only have a short season, due to the MTB season finishing in October - and then targeting the Olympics?

Have Ineos got 6 riders for CX? Saying that, they registered as a MTB team, including Pidcock, PFP, Turner & Tulett....
Hope it’s not too short - i loved watching the Puck, Fem and Shirin show last year!

Reactions: Wyndbrook
Toon News:
“And what comes next from 16 February 2024? We will see, but I will definitely be back,” said Aerts.
“After 4 hours of cycling at 290W power, I rode up La Redoute on Thursday at 480W average.
And that without ... any product in my body. I will prove it!

I used to like Toon Aerts and the way he was racing. One of the few that could actually give the two Vans a match, but this is just sad.

Transfer news; Zoe Backstedt joins Canyon-Sram from today, 1st September. I did notice her instagram post mentioning haven ridden her last road race for EF-Tibco-SVB; but expected her to carry on riding CX for them until New Year, and move to the new EF-Cannondale team like a lot of the others.

TRENDING THREADS