• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lidl-Trek (no longer Radioshack-Leopard Trek)

Page 43 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
So as it is quite apparent by the UCI press release that have little idea what is happening with this team are they going to apply their own rules?

Chapter XV UCI World Tour.
2.15.011 The ethical criterion takes account inter alia of the respect by the team or its members for:
c
a) the UCI regulations, inter alia as regards anti-doping, sporting conduct and the image of cycling;
b) its contractual obligations;
c) its legal obligations, particularly as regards payment of taxes, social security and keeping
accounts;
d) the principles of transparency and good faith.

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Alas if Jens, Frank, Canc supporting Andy can’t even beat Cadel Evans then they’ll have no hope in beating Contador. Period.
Just for the record: They crushed AC several times and for good at this year's Tour. OK, they failed to beat Evans, but so did AC :)

I like those super teams. Of course, Bruyneel is shady guy, but Riis is even worse, I guess... and Shackopard do have a huge potential. On paper, it looks like having HTC for stage races... However, big names do not guarantee big wins, so imho it is just an exciting story.

May 23, 2011
Visit site
SiAp1984 said:
Just for the record: They crushed AC several times and for good at this year's Tour. OK, they failed to beat Evans, but so did AC :)

I must have missed this "crushing." They barely managed to keep an injured and tired Contador off the podium and were beaten by a plodder with a weak team.

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
SiAp1984 said:
Leopard didn't crush Contador, the Giro and the crashes did.

SiAp1984 said:

I like those super teams. Of course, Bruyneel is shady guy, but Riis is even worse, I guess... and Shackopard do have a huge potential. On paper, it looks like having HTC for stage races... However, big names do not guarantee big wins, so imho it is just an exciting story.

Yes they were so busy at crushing a one legged Contador they let Evans win! You know… the funny looking aussie guy with the head tilt and no team.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
eleven said:
Well, the road to the cyclingnews forum is paved with posters claiming Astana would never be allowed to ride the 2009 tour....that Bruyneel and CSE would be in jail long ago...that they would never be allowed to ride the 2010 Tour...that Bruyneel was about to be arrested...

The list goes on.

I know you guys like to pretend that this is the case but the reality is most here know that the investigation will take time and nobody is close to going to jail.

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
SiAp1984 said:
I like Andy, but he doesn't stand a chance at ever beating an on-form, motivated Contador. He's just that one half-step below Alberto, and always will be.

Of course, Bruyneel is shady guy, but Riis is even worse,
How in the world is Riis "even worse" than Bruyneel? Riis is no saint, no one will argue that, but he's nowhere near the slimeball that is Bruyneel.

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just read that Flavio Becca wants Kim Andersen to stay in the team but he will lose his current position to Bruyneel. Hope Andersen rejects meaning the future in Radio is more than uncertain for the Schlecks.

A

Anonymous

SiAp1984 said:

you gotta be kidding.

A

Anonymous

Polish said:
So when do you guys think Bruyneel and Becca started negotiating?

I would guess BEFORE the extension with Radioshack-Nissan-Trek took place in late June.

I would also guess that Radioshack-Nissan-Trek were in on the negotiating.

It would explain why Johan was VERY selective in who he signed contracts with.
Johan did not want to have to break any commitments it seems.
I also would say the 2 year contract extension that Bruyneel inked with Horner took place knowing that the merger would happen.
A very nice "present" for Horner.

I would suggest by looking at Mercedes' reaction, you don't know what the **** you're talking about.

OH LORD WON'T YOU BUY ME A MERCEDES BENZ!!!!!!!

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Bruyneel out please

As much as I liked Bruynell as a rider, he has to go. Back room takeovers of a team someone set up last year. Nice, and that after all the Armstrong crap. Bruyneel is just bad for the sport. Please, can we get rid of him?

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
SiAp1984 said:

I think you saw another race, Andy and Leopard threw their best chance to win the Tour. The massive attack on Galiber stage came from passive tactics in the pyrenees. The last 1.5 km he lose 1 minute to Evans due to his fatigue.

Next day Contador suicidal attack force Andy to carry a high pace from the beggining of the stage. In the Alp was unable to drop Evans due to his big fatigue.

Cadel then destroy him in ITT due to his huge fatigue.

Contador was alive because the awfull tactics in the pyrennes but he wasn't the rival this year.

This the race I saw. Next year we can judge Andy vs Contador, but meanwhile Alberto add a Giro, Andy a runner-up in Tdf.

May 12, 2011
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
You're back on ignore. Right where ignorance belongs.

IF anyone should know... mostly it appears that would apply to you all. I said it 40 pages ago, I say it now. Most of what is here is speculation. Most of it turning out to be wrong. The hog could never get LT to merge, RSNT would never merge, if they did merge,JB will not be DS etc....

It sure seems to me that there is a lot of bloviating and not much exchange of information in this thread. Mostly, its only function seems to be that is it really entertaining to watch people endlessly blow smoke when they have nothing to base it on.

A

Anonymous

eleven said:
Well, the road to the cyclingnews forum is paved with posters claiming Astana would never be allowed to ride the 2009 tour....that Bruyneel and CSE would be in jail long ago...that they would never be allowed to ride the 2010 Tour...that Bruyneel was about to be arrested...

The list goes on.

So you screw up and proclaim things that have no evidence of being true, and in fact have been shown to be false, and you think bringing up other people's wrongs is the appropriate response? Embrace the suck dude. Embrace the suck. It's what a real man would do.

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
this news are good for the regular July cycling fan.
it will make the Andy\Lance fans feel mighty and unbeatable if they win,
it will make the Contador fans feel happier since they have their superman.

either way, it is going to create amazing competition\news\challenges between fans.
Unfortunately the July fans don't care about the carrots\movistars. however this will make cycling able to afford something else that will amaze us all year (wishful thinking).

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Aleajactaest said:
IF anyone should know... mostly it appears that would apply to you all. I said it 40 pages ago, I say it now. Most of what is here is speculation. Most of it turning out to be wrong. The hog could never get LT to merge, RSNT would never merge, if they did merge,JB will not be DS etc....

It sure seems to me that there is a lot of bloviating and not much exchange of information in this thread. Mostly, its only function seems to be that is it really entertaining to watch people endlessly blow smoke when they have nothing to base it on.

it seems to me that very few people on either team actually know what is going on. this is all smoke and mirrors that riders, team mechanics, soigneurs, masseurs and more importantly sponsors have not got a clue what is happening. The snake oil salesmen are back in town and Pat is buying it buy the barrel.

This type of dealing is detrimental to the sport. I can see mercedes really looking forward to getting involved with another pro cycling team:rolleyes:

And shítheads like McQuaid are trying to take the sport global, well if teams are allowed to dump on sponsors it aint going to happen