• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ricco

Page 33 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
movingtarget said:
Ricco has to be the dumbest doper out there. Caught during races, caught when he's not racing and caught at the the hospital. Like he said he was in the wrong place at the wrong time..........on every occasion. Cobra ? Yes he's a snake or maybe a just a wriggling little earthworm. Other dopers must be ashamed of him and his history of failure. I'm sure people laugh about him at doping seminars. Reality TV beckons. He only has to be himself and laughter will be assured.
you must respect the Cobra, a man who can give himself his own nickname. he trancends hubris.

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Isn't Stefano Garzelli got this nickname "Cobra" before Ricco did it on himself?

Btw. " It has since been suggested by fellow pro-rider Jérôme Pineau that Riccò openly doped even as a junior rider"

That is so brutal.

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re:

platinum_eagle said:
Isn't Stefano Garzelli got this nickname "Cobra" before Ricco did it on himself?

Btw. " It has since been suggested by fellow pro-rider Jérôme Pineau that Riccò openly doped even as a junior rider"

That is so brutal.
Riccò has been suspended for doping as a Junior, as a U23 and twice as a pro…

EDIT: he’s been suspended twice as an U23

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

franic said:
platinum_eagle said:

That is so brutal.
Riccò has been suspended for doping as a Junior, as a U23 and twice as a pro…

EDIT: he’s been suspended twice as an U23

so much talent. so much ... talent.

non-negative tests are sooooo beneath him when he can just be positive. that is the triple crown, jnrs, espoirs, pros.

naviman said:
FroomehasneverdopedX said:
Yo, i read that he was going to do records on famous climbs in 2014.

anyone know if he ever did any attemts?

He went up the Ventoux and then crashed on the descent :D

http://road.cc/content/news/125686-riccardo-ricc%C3%B2-suffers-facial-injuries-after-crash-mont-ventoux-descent

*** lol..

probably was a terrible time up the hill since he attempted to go for the downhill record

did some research:

google translated:

Thursday, September 25, 2014
Riccò record on the Sainte Baume
It started today hunting record uphill from the ' Cobra Formigine 'Riccardo Riccò , who opens the dance of his trip to France with the 'rise to the Sainte Baume . The Cobra has in fact climbed the locality Marseille, theater scene also the Tour de France a few years ago, in 20 minutes and 7 seconds so signing a new record uphill. "Feeling good, I felt good as when I was racing" declares Riccò , and in fact it is the data of your SRM to confirm: 406 watts of average driven for about twenty minutes, which a proportion of its weight of 58kg give a value of 7 watts / kg ... you got it! Performance then nothing short of monstrous than the stage winner of the Three Peaks to the 2007 Giro . Tomorrow there will be a test on Mount Ventoux , where Riccardo having failed to break the record of Iban Maio earlier this year will test the leg in anticipation Friday, the day when weather permitting will try again in the fastest time. See him so determined is just a show, the Cobra really seems to be back to the times of 'gold, when on the climb of the Col d 'Aspin was stronger than the motion of the French television, or when the Presolana in 2008 was going to win the moral victory of Giro , who then had to give in to Alberto Pistolero for just four seconds.

Appointment then at Friday 26, also weather permitting.

// he would have destroyed tdf..

naviman said:
Yo, i read that he was going to do records on famous climbs in 2014.

anyone know if he ever did any attemts?

He went up the Ventoux and then crashed on the descent :D

http://road.cc/content/news/125686-riccardo-ricc%C3%B2-suffers-facial-injuries-after-crash-mont-ventoux-descent

**** lol..

probably was a terrible time up the hill since he attempted to go for the downhill record

did some research:

google translated:

Thursday, September 25, 2014
Riccò record on the Sainte Baume
It started today hunting record uphill from the ' Cobra Formigine 'Riccardo Riccò , who opens the dance of his trip to France with the 'rise to the Sainte Baume . The Cobra has in fact climbed the locality Marseille, theater scene also the Tour de France a few years ago, in 20 minutes and 7 seconds so signing a new record uphill. "Feeling good, I felt good as when I was racing" declares Riccò , and in fact it is the data of your SRM to confirm: 406 watts of average driven for about twenty minutes, which a proportion of its weight of 58kg give a value of 7 watts / kg ... you got it! Performance then nothing short of monstrous than the stage winner of the Three Peaks to the 2007 Giro . Tomorrow there will be a test on Mount Ventoux , where Riccardo having failed to break the record of Iban Maio earlier this year will test the leg in anticipation Friday, the day when weather permitting will try again in the fastest time. See him so determined is just a show, the Cobra really seems to be back to the times of 'gold, when on the climb of the Col d 'Aspin was stronger than the motion of the French television, or when the Presolana in 2008 was going to win the moral victory of Giro , who then had to give in to Alberto Pistolero for just four seconds.

Appointment then at Friday 26, also weather permitting.

// he would have destroyed tdf..
He would have been busted like he has already been busted numerous times, and disgraced the Tour. 7 w/kg?? come on.. He was glowing like a light bulb.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Mayomaniac said:
https://twitter.com/riccardo_ricco/status/622746411340288000
The Cobra knows that Tenerife is the place to be, he was also there durning the time span when Sky had their training camp for the Tour.
I could totally see Riccò dressed up like an amateur riding past Froome on a training ride and then going all out just for the lols :D

I dont think anybody would be that stupid to buy from RR.

Well, when I think about it, I would not be surprised at all if there was a moron in our peloton that would be Ricco's customer. Over the years we have seen quite a few "events" that one would not expect.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

42x16ss said:
Jancouver said:
Ricco is a gift that keeps on giving.

What an idiot ... but I guess he doesn't known any other way so he got no choice.
He could have taken a leaf out of Bernhard Kohl's book, his bike shop is said to be quite good and he seems to have moved on.
Bernie still wrecks people at Granfondo events, a month ago he won the SuperGiro Dolomiti that starts and finishes in Lienz (232km, 5234m of altitude gain) over 13 min ahead of the 2nd. :D
Source: http://www.radsport-news.com/sport/sportnews_93593.htm

Mayomaniac said:
42x16ss said:
Jancouver said:
Ricco is a gift that keeps on giving.

What an idiot ... but I guess he doesn't known any other way so he got no choice.
He could have taken a leaf out of Bernhard Kohl's book, his bike shop is said to be quite good and he seems to have moved on.
Bernie still wrecks people at Granfondo events, a month ago he won the SuperGiro Dolomiti that starts and finishes in Lienz (232km, 5234m of altitude gain) over 13 min ahead of the 2nd. :D
Source: http://www.radsport-news.com/sport/sportnews_93593.htm

damn, someone should sign him and give him another chance.

TRENDING THREADS