• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Richie Porte meme: "We were the first ones to do it..."

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
I've seen this picture posted many times, not sure why. Who is that slightly pudgy rider who's pushing Henderson. Is he still with Sky?

We were the first to produce the Cycling version of "The Ugly Duckling".

Now everyone is doing it....

But we did it twice -for now....

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Netserk said:
Every time I look at that picture, I wonder how much weight he has lost since then.
I reckon about 7kgs +/-1kg
15lbs +/-2lbs, depending on if it is on the 22nd day of the GT.

but Wigans and Froome-dawg dont have much weight to lose during the GT, so it would not be 1kg or more that a rider in the last decade or 90s lost, they might lose half of what the others did in a different era.

remember, they had cortisone and clen in the other eras, so it is not these products that cause the weightloss.

it is a combo of new peptides, a cocktail, AICAR, GW, lipotropin, plus maybe a potBelge chaser of clen and cortisone.

sry about breach of protocol Dear Wiggo, but I create the rules, i break the rules like the peloton on asphalt or hotpour or tarmac and lime

71-72 at 6 foot, to about 64/65 at 6 foot. NOT NORMAL. he did not have normal weight to lose, even on day 22 of tdf with Barloworld.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Dear Wiggo said:
and yet JV says it's perfectly normal, suggesting Dekker was going to do the same. ridiculous.

Dekker had no weight to lose as a Rabo rider. Just like Froome had no weight to lose as a Barloworld rider. just like Wiggins had no weight to lose as a Columbia rider. There was were was was not a scerrick of excess gram/fat/weight to lose. they were not dario pieri or jan ullrich in the offseason

Re: Re:

red_flanders said:
Taxus4a said:
Of course SKY was the pioneer in a lot of things in the new cycling. I am not a SKY fan but this is something I should acknowledgem as all the cycling acknoeledge.

Really? What specifically did they pioneer and what evidence do you have that they pioneered it?

Oh god, don't make him link to his blog again, which is basically a brief summary of what appears in Walsh's book but with better grammar.

Re: Re:

The Hitch said:
red_flanders said:
Taxus4a said:
Of course SKY was the pioneer in a lot of things in the new cycling. I am not a SKY fan but this is something I should acknowledgem as all the cycling acknoeledge.

Really? What specifically did they pioneer and what evidence do you have that they pioneered it?

Oh god, don't make him link to his blog again, which is basically a brief summary of what appears in Walsh's book but with better grammar.

I assume it's all clearly delineated there with confirmation that "no one ever thought of that before" on each point...

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
As much as I wasn't looking forward to a possible Porte win, this is just silly. Dodgy TUE to go win Romandie last year for Team Sky, no problems. Get a wheel from another team, pinged for 2 minutes. Way to go pro cycling.

TRENDING THREADS