• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rider schedules and targets for 2022

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re the PN vs TA field discussion:

Using the PCS "startlist quality" measurement, in the last 20 editions PN has averaged 990, while TA has averaged 1102. In 13 of the 20 editions, TA has had the stronger field. I'm not sure whether SB has had anything to do with the development, though. In the five years prior to SB, PN averaged 917 while TA averaged 1024, so even in the five years right before SB was introduced, TA had the stronger field on average.

So to have it also in this thread:

Evenepoel´s schedule:

Valencia, Algarve, Tirreno-Adriatico, Itzulia Pais Vasco, Brabantse Pijl, Flèche Wallonne, Liège Bastogne Liège, Tour de Suisse, NC ITT & RR, San Sebastian, Burgos, Vuelta

So the giro will definitly be without him.

Instead of Evenepoel Almeida confirmed today that he will target the giro and the vuelta together with Pogacar.

His other schedule will be

UAE Tour (together with Pogacar)
Paris-Nice
Tour of Catalunya
Giro
Vuelta

So no race against Evenepoel until the vuelta.

Reactions: postmanhat
Classic schedule for Alaphilippe
FIwggcNWYAEljzj

Talking about combining cobbles with Ardennes... This year might be the best year for riders like van der Poel and van Aert to try FW and/or LBL with Roubaix and Amstel being switched places in the calender. I doubt it'll happen however.
Well, Jumbo will likely play the Roglic card at FW, but I would really like to see an in-form van der Poel at Fleche Wallone one day. This race should suit him and he could win it, I think. The same applies for LBL, here because of the flat finale van Aert would also have a great chance to win this race.

Last edited:
Imagine it‘s Fleche Wallonne, and it‘s MVDP vs Alaphilippe. Imagine Mathieu then is as strong as he was at Strade Bianche 2021. Alaphilippe would not have any chance then.

MVDP and WVA, they both could win all five monuments.
Exactly really would like to see van der Poel here this year. Would prefer that he skips one or two not so important cobble classics (Gent-Wevelgem, Dwars door Vlanderen) and instead rides FW and LBL.

TRENDING THREADS