• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rigoberto Uran discussion thread.

Page 50 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
If we take in consideration Tirreno's, Basque country and today perfomance, he could be a sure for the Top 10 just if he could TT in 80% of his perfomance in 2014, it's really a pitty that he completely abandon that discipline (After even winning a medal in TTT worlds with QS), this route favors him.

So...

hqdefault.jpg

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site
Really strong performance today. He has been climbing well all season in Tirreno, Itzulia and Romandie, but really impressive to see him confirm this at the biggest stage. He looked like the 3rd or 4th strongest on Mont du Chat. Hoping for a podium, but with his horrendous tt in mind top 5 should be a realistic target.

Re: Re:

portugal11 said:
aarononymous said:
portugal11 said:
lenric said:
Don't worry. He will collapse in third week, just like martin

Colombians peaking too early huh? :D
Is too soon to celebrate ;)
Just wait for his bad day in third week

Too soon to celebrate??? Even the most loyal Uran fans wouldn't have expected this...certainly will enjoy enjoy the moment!

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
And to finish it all off he will once again learn how to time trial!

But seriously considering how strong his legs are I reckon his TT'ing can't be that bad right now, a lot of it is just raw power.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
He was mighty strong today, he was able to follow Froome like it wasn't a big deal.
Yes, a great win for him, after ages he was finally able to win a sprint once again.

People should not be surprised. Uran was often climbing on a good level in the last couple of years. Because of deteriorating ITT ability and falling ill during GTs a couple of times he didn't get the results that reflected his climbing strenght but it's not like he was nowhere and is suddenly back to an old level. He almost won Lombardia last year. He was up there many times on particular mountain stages of various stage races. It just didn't come together for a result that people would realise (although a monument podium should be good in itself).

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
I don't know what got into him, but I've not seen him climb like that since Giro 2014. Let's hope he suddenly finds his ITT legs from 2014 back as well so we can have an interesting race.
More like the 2013 Giro, in 2014 his climbing legs were never on that level, his TT was great and he tried to limit his losses uphill.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
I don't know what got into him, but I've not seen him climb like that since Giro 2014. Let's hope he suddenly finds his ITT legs from 2014 back as well so we can have an interesting race.
His problem is inconsistency (and TT). He was climbing very well the last days of the Giro 2015. He has been climbing very well all this year. With the best all the time. The signs were there. For a good GC position we need to wait for 3rd week TBH. :)

Wow Rigo...chapeau! He is climbing better than ever. I've just checked...I thought he already has a TdF top10, but he really doesn't have a relevant GC placing in the Tour yet. Can he podium? I'd say yes. I'd love to see him take the overall victory actually. Hopefully his TT in Marseille doesn't suck but it's still a long way till then.

TRENDING THREADS