• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rigoberto Uran discussion thread.

Page 64 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So why you don't use power meter at the Tour:
Simply put because of the weight and because you only follow wheels of the strongest teams Ineos or JV. You are at the mercy of the biggest teams. LOL. It is like why do you need to watch your watts if you are going at your limit anyway.
some more
  1. It not going to matter if you cant follow the train
  2. its not going to matter if you are not attacking
  3. Why bother when the opponent can do it for you. No weight no cost.
  4. If really required u can have a sneak at their power meter or just ask them

No powermeter maybe (Strava shows estimated data) but he still logs his rides with a GPS and uploads them to Strava https://www.strava.com/pros/1514397 !
There's always something faintly ridiculous about TdF Strava uploads, especially from riders you know finished middle of the pack.

"Sortie de velo apres midi
180kms 3,000m 4h 15
KOM (Short downhill section) 55s
KOM (section through centre of stage town that actually has 2 traffic lights normally) 2:23"

Unfortunately, I saw a day like today coming and I didn't really believe he would finish this Tour on the podium. In the last few days he looked more like 7th/8th best climber in the race and those super steep climbs don't seem to suit him IMO so today was more or less what I expected. A bit unfortunate for him that there are so many steep climbs in this Tour.

Shame about losing more time today, he was really looking good for the podium for a while

EiIqVSaWoAMlw8K

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
Morning everyone, just wanted to share what I think would be a "once in a lifetime" opportunity for Rigo fans

This Sunday, February 14 (10AM - 11AM EST), Rigo will be riding virtually on Zwift in support of Princess Margaret Cancer Centre to help raise critical funds for cancer research.

Love his shout out video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9qPdIMHa8g&feature=youtu.be

This is a Ride to Conquer Cancer initiative. I'm sure many of you have already heard of The Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer, it's Canada’s largest cycling fundraiser and has raised over $220 million over the last 13 years in support of cancer research at The Princess Margaret, one of the world’s top 5 cancer research centres. Was excited to see Rigo supporting the cause!

Those who want to ride with Rigo can join Ride to Conquer Cancer - Ride with Rigo on Zwift, or can join in on the fun via livestream on Facebook Live or YouTube.

See you there!
Stef

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS