• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rolland doping?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
sniper said:
interesting.

he thinks voeckler is clean:

"I know him since he turned a pro and I never had any problems with him. He has mental and physical capacities that exceed the norm.":rolleyes:
http://www.lalsace.fr/actualite/2011/07/24/le-docteur-megret-sur-ses-gardes

If I were HWSNBN I would file a strongly worded public complaint for TV being put int he same league as his Yellowness. A guy who could only sometimes win a final in an excape group turned into a Tour podium hopeful...the disgrace!

Sasquatch said:
Think you need to get your facts straight before you accuse people of doping.

Europcar a new team? Lol. Surely that is a joke?

Apparently Willy needs to be a bit more emphatic with his sarcasm emoticons. Every one of those 14 points is a joke (or did you really think "You can spell "doper" by rearrange the letters in his name" was written in all seriousness?).

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
google translate on managers responce

Contacted by L'Equipe, Bernaudeau assured that Pierre Rolland could take the start of the last stage of the Dauphine Sunday, and was not in breach of the rules of MPCC: "It was controlled at 6:45 at sunrise , explained the manager of Europcar. Normally, it takes half an hour to control for reliable results. It was not possible because of the start time of the race which was very early. We contacted Dr. Armand Megret (a doctor who holds the controls for the MPCC) who authorized the departure. "
Madiot: "No comment on"

President of the National League of cycling and manager of the FDJ, another team member of the Movement for Credible Cycling (MPCC), Marc Madiot has not commented on the case: "As president of the National League of cycling, I is asked to conduct checks on cortisone a number of competitions. I participate in membership, funding but I have no comment to make (about Pierre Rolland). "

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
frenchfry said:
Not exactly sure what cortisolémie (insuffisance surrénalienne) is but apparantly one cause can be the ending of corticoid treatments. According to MMPC rules Rolland shouldn't have started the Sunday stage.
Correct me if I am wrong but it reads as 'crashed cortisol levels':

''Another important hormone that the adrenal glands produce is cortisol. Cortisol is responsible for many things: it regulates blood sugar, the salt and water balance in the cells, the mineral management, it keeps the immune system in balance, regulates blood pressure, in men responsible for the production of estrogen and with women for the production of testosterone and it determines your ability to deal with stress. You would not survive for four seconds as adrenaline and cortisol were removed from the blood.

A too high cortisol level will in time lead to adrenal exhaustion, which decreases your cortisol level. The pancreas then again compensate for too low cortisol levels associated with adrenal exhaustion.''

Big Doopie will not like this I fear.

There are several explanations for this but Rolland abandoning because of tendinitis is not a good sign.

Big gear Rolland is 100% clean.

Pierre about to drop the Spaniards on the Alpe:

262-PIC213089846.jpg

Notice the coolness, the elegance while the lesser cyclists appears to be struggling.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:

262-PIC213089846.jpg

Notice the coolness, the elegance while the lesser cyclists appears to be struggling.

take a note, clean spaniards. LOL :p

Honestly, Rolland's manner always amazed me too. Absolutely non-climber style. Pushing and walking at 39x19 at any grades... Very odd.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
movingtarget said:
If Rolland is doping he should give the placebos back and ask for the real stuff. Apart from a handful of stage wins what has he done ? A couple of Top 10s. If he is doping and that's the best he can do, like Hinault said "I don't have high hopes anymore For Rolland."

What? He finished top-10 in the Tour the last 2 years, and won an impressive stage each time. If he isn't doping, he could dominate the Tour if he started (obviously he is).

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
MCCP doctor denies authorizing Rolland to start: (google translate with some corrections)

Contacted by L'Equipe, Armand Megret, the doctor for the MPCC (Movement for a credible cycling) responsible for inspections, which had given leave to Pierre Rolland Sunday at the final stage of the Dauphiné according to Jean-René Bernaudeau denied doing so.

"He's (Bernaudeau) who said that. I will not comment at this time. This is completely false and incomprehensible, he explained to us. I'll stick to that for now and I will respond in a different way soon. I do not want to do it while angry, I wanna talk about it before. I still find it outrageous and unacceptable. which is already quite a strong response.

"Monday morning, we revealed that the Europcar rider should not have to started the stage, he eventually retired after twenty kilometers because his rate of cortisol collapsed.

"We are in a logic of health checks, not doping controls"
President of MPCC, Roger Legeay should soon hear from both Mégret and Bernaudeau. "When there is a problem, the explanations of the manager and the doctor are expected and then we will make a decision, he told AFP. We are in a logic of health checks and not doping controls. The rider is tired, needs rest, and further testing. I don't have an explanation for what happened. "

Sunday, the Europcar team had explained that the rider was forced to abandon due to tendinitis in his Achilles heel.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme-sur-route/Actualites/Megret-inadmissible/377604

Moose McKnuckles said:
Interesting. Take a look at the arms of Rolland, Contador, and Sanchez in that photo.

Then compare them with Froome's arms. It's a HUGE difference. These guys don't even come close to looking as lean.

Maybe they're just fat, undisciplined, *unts.

Photos can be very misleading. I googled Froome and found photos, where his arms indeed look like sticks, but you can also easily find photos where his arms are similar to Rolland, Contador and Sanchez and you can even find photos where his arms look larger.

Dazed and Confused said:

262-PIC213089846.jpg

To be fair, I recall that they were all struggling at the finish including Rolland.

To be compared with a dawg-like performance when he constantly looks behind to ensure he isn't dropping teammates during his mountaintop sprint.

Not to say Rolland isn't on the sauce, but isolated pictures don't always tell the whole story.