• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Romain Bardet Discussion Thread

Page 48 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Why does this always happen to me? Why? Romain had a definite shot at a podium, maybe more, we will never know. I can't catch a break...

I agree with Red Rick. It's a missed opportunity to hit the jackpot, and in July with Rog and Pog, more ITT, it will be complicated.

Well, I still have another chouchou in the GC race, I won't name him so I won't jinx him and his bag...

I don't think I've ever met any fragile French boys during a holiday.
Look, you did not even acknowledge this poor guy's existence...

The Bardet situation obviously sucks big time. I am not even sure if going to the Tour is wise. He cannot match the Slovenians even in top shape. And now potentially take away the one or other percentage (or per mill) and I fear we see the struggling rather than entertaining/active Bardet...

There aren't that many fragile French boys - or French boys of any solidity - on Swedish airfields.

You wouldn't think there were that many redheaded Danish girls there either, but yet there you were. I guess you could have been confused by his foreign tongue or maybe about whether there were one or zero French boys. Language and numbers don't appear to be your strong suits ;)

Last edited:
He could maybe go to the Tour and go for stages . The vuelta has never really been his stamping ground
But there is alot to overcome
the illness
the mega disappointment
the drop in peak form

He will have to see I suppose
One thing though is he is sooooo thin, even thinner than usual
Hard to be that thin and not be open to illness
I noticed his thinness in the vuelta last year. He's really incredibly thin and gives off a very fragile impression imo. I hope he can get well soon still <3

Reactions: Sandisfan
You wouldn't think there were that many redheaded Danish girls there either, but yet there you were. I guess you could have been confused by his foreign tongue or maybe about whether there were one or zero French boys. Language and numbers don't appear to be your strong suits ;)
When you meet a Frenchman, you forget your language and the numbers. Everything. As simple as that :)

I noticed his thinness in the vuelta last year. He's really incredibly thin and gives off a very fragile impression imo. I hope he can get well soon still <3

he’s actually quite a sturdy rider and has done well in a number of classics.
The amount of illnesses in the peloton this year is worrisome, Covid-19 aside…not sure what teams or riders are doing wrong to avoid infections.

• Wow
Reactions: noob
The amount of illnesses in the peloton this year is worrisome, Covid-19 aside…not sure what teams or riders are doing wrong to avoid infections.

The bubbles are burst, the kids are back in daycare, the party animals are partying again and they are catching up on all ons they missed the last two years.

It only takes a couple of party animals or parents with small children to infect a team with whatever is around at the moment? Is my guess.

I hope the secret pro will cover this topic eventually :D

Reactions: Fantastico
Seems this really was his chance of a lifetime given how the battle royal pans out so far.

Sadly, he doesn't even have the mythos of dropping out in the leaders jersey like Igor Anton, because of his nervousness and tactical errors on Blockhaus.

@Pantani_lives I also knew when he threw away the stage win and the pink jersey, it would cost him later on.

I dunno about this, but a Tour stage win would salvage his season.

On his current form, he should be able to easily get a Top 10. But...ideally he just goes for stages in the Tour, although to be honest I'm not sure if he can beat any of the top GC riders in a straight up finish. So he'll need to get into the right break on the right day. If there's a break on Col du Granon that's allowed to get away, for example.

I dunno about this, but a Tour stage win would salvage his season.

On his current form, he should be able to easily get a Top 10. But...ideally he just goes for stages in the Tour, although to be honest I'm not sure if he can beat any of the top GC riders in a straight up finish. So he'll need to get into the right break on the right day. If there's a break on Col du Granon that's allowed to get away, for example.

He's an excellent descender. I believe this (& his form, if it's there) might give him some opportunities (& if the favorites are looking at each other a bit too much).

TRENDING THREADS