Romain Bardet Discussion Thread

Page 46 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Can't help but thinking about how much he has declined comparatively to 4/5 years ago.
Oh, I agree, but I think the competition is much tougher now for the kind of races he's targeting. He could still podium a Vuelta or Giro if the cards fall his way, kind of like Porte at the Tour or Caruso this Giro. But like Pinot or Quintana, he's not a top 5 favorite any more. But I'm still a fan.

Can't help but thinking about how much he has declined comparatively to 4/5 years ago.
Considering he came into the race after a interrupted preparation according to him I don't he think he was too bad but in 2016/17 he was expected to podium. Hope he gets back to better form as he is one GC rider that doesn't mind taking risks and going for long attacks. He made the final mountain stage more interesting. I was more disappointed by Carthy and Hindley, and Martin proved again that he's a solid top 7 top 10 GC rider and a stage hunter. Something that Pinot might have done well at if he wasn't under so much pressure to win a grand tour. Take Caruso's performance out of the Giro and it would have been quite dull re GC.

Reactions: Bolder

ASK THE COMMUNITY