• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Romain Bardet Discussion Thread

Page 51 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
4/11 career wins in the TdF...

36.4%.

Anyone in the last 50 years with a higher percentage with 10+ career wins? Had a quick look and the only other semi-obvious ones I thought of and then confirmed had over 30% were:

Pantani was at 34.6% (9/26)
van Impe was at 34.5%. (10/29)
Virenque was at 33.3%. (7/21)

Guess Darrigade in the 50s and 60s with 22/60 (36.7%) is the last man to do "better".

But maybe I am missing someone aha.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Clipboard-06-30-2024-01.png

Just caught up on yesterday's finale.

I have been down on Bardet in the past because I thought he was better at one-day races, that he didn't win enough for an attacking rider with his skills, and also that he would benefit from gaining 5 kg. But the last 2 years on DSM (or 3?) he's been almost as good as ever. Yesterday was a complete fairy tale, only would have been even better if it was in France rather than Italy.

Reactions: Sandisfan