• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rujano can win this Giro, believes Savio

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

The Boss

BANNED
May 16, 2012
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
except rujano isn't as bad as pozzivivo. he manoevre well in a peloton and can place pretty good and almost never crashes.

lol fail i just thought i go through your post's after your constant bashing when your saint rujano has done zilch this giro infact 2 good giro's in 7 years lol.
did you see the first week pozzovivo was manoevering much better than rujano.and how can you say basso's past it basso's in his mid thirties and he's still destroying just wait for pampegao when he rides every 1 off his wheel,were was rujano on giau after all it was dry and last year grossglockner (the stage contador let him take)was wet but yh he was sick pozzovivo is delicate too you no he's shown way more than your hero heck even kreuziger has

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
So Rujano retired and Savio is saying he doesn't deserve to be in the team, considering Serpa continues with a broken bone and Sella also has health issues yet Rujano has no pathology at all.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
SergeDeM said:
So Rujano retired and Savio is saying he doesn't deserve to be in the team, considering Serpa continues with a broken bone and Sella also has health issues yet Rujano has no pathology at all.

savio has always loved/hated rujano. it was either way.

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
classicomano said:
Time to head back to South-American obscurity I guess.

+1

There can be only one verdict in Rujano case. That there was a big talent in this small body, nobody can deny. So why did he so seriously underachieve (and he will not achieve anything more in Europe, anymore), given the promise he showed (2005) and flashes of brilliance he displayed? He clearly lacks the professionalism and the attitude to achieve results on a constant basis on the European level. If even Savio his great admirer is so dissapointed in him, then there can be no more excuses and explanations. He will never find a way to a Grand Tour squad again. Ultimately, Henao and Uran will achieve the results that Rujano could have produced, but never did and it will be they, and not him, who will fulfill the promise of South American cycling.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Savio saw it like this: “He didn’t do a thing during this Giro. When he came to the start, he was singing to all the world that he was going to win stages, reach the podium, even win! My team doctor, who is a very serious man, told me that he saw no physical problems that would keep him from continuing. Rujano has a sore throat, but so do I! He said he didn’t feel good and simply quit.”

----

There can only be one verdict in the Rujano case: Ryo IS Rujano.

I think it's a disturbing trend that DSs/team managers now tend to trash their riders in the media. But then again a maneuvre like that doesn't come out of the blue, because I think the way a rider is generally estmated by his bosses doesn't change with one bad performance.

Anyway, Savio indeed looks like an idiot now :D

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
JimPanzen said:
I think it's a disturbing trend that DSs/team managers now tend to trash their riders in the media. But then again a maneuvre like that doesn't come out of the blue, because I think the way a rider is generally estmated by his bosses doesn't change with one bad performance.

Anyway, Savio indeed looks like an idiot now :D

The job they have is obviously stressful and so having a rider who promises so much but ultimately fails to deliver must be frustrating for him, however going public does nothing to help, Savio looks no better by trying to wash his hands on the stained towel that is Rujano.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
what behavior? he didn't misbehave or anything. the guy was even on an oxygen tank after stages. that's how deep he went and bad he felt. though now it is sure that the throat infection was a symptom of something far worse :(

cineteq said:
That's a good excuse, but does it excuse his behavior? On the other side of the coin: did he convey how he felt to his team and Savio? Clearly, his past didn't help him in this case.

He's no doctor so it was a mystery to him why he couldn't perform to the level that he had hoped and trained for. The only symptom he could detect was the sore throat. I agree that there too often a rush to condemn a rider for failing to meet expectations before all the facts have surfaced. Savio would've been better served to simply indicate his disappointment and leave it at that. Now he has distanced a rider that came back to him in good faith with good intentions to perform well.