• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rujano can win this Giro, believes Savio

Page 43 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The most awesome thread in the Road Racing forum is back! _O_

jose-rujano-2011-5-20-12-40-14.jpg

1_20110520_634415155679077374.jpg

553-00177.jpg

274-3FF_7742.jpg

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
So, now Rujana is also Columbian? Never too old to learn I see.

But Rujano is bad@ss of course, he will be good this year since he was absolutely shiiiite last year; see his statistics....

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
So, now Rujana is also Columbian? Never too old to learn I see.

But Rujano is bad@ss of course, he will be good this year since he was absolutely shiiiite last year; see his statistics....

I guess you have missed the point completely.

but you are right, in uneven years he's always best, by far

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
And the hopes of Rujano winning Giro are close to over I think ;)

P.S. Visit clinic ;)

Shame for Vacs : ( This will probably decrease further the chances of resigning as a sponsor.

Gloin22 said:
And the hopes of Rujano winning Giro are close to over I think ;)

P.S. Visit clinic ;)

Shame for Vacs : ( This will probably decrease further the chances of resigning as a sponsor.
It's almost as if Vacansoleil's primary goal is to find the most unstable rider imaginable, who preferably also is involved in some kind of doping scandal.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
maltiv said:
It's almost as if Vacansoleil's primary goal is to find the most unstable rider imaginable, who preferably also is involved in some kind of doping scandal.

Thanks, I've been needing a new signature :D
Excellent observation.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Rujano's riding his first official race of the season and people have already written him off. It's very logical that he suffers here, many of the world's best climbers have targeted this race, with lots of racing km's in their legs, and some already in top shape.

He's already made good progress over the last days, so we'll see where his form gets him in Pais Vasco.

maltiv said:

Edit: true dat.

Another typical Vacansoleil fact: When you expect nothing, they perform, but when you start expecting them to deliver in certain races they have the tendency to fail. (See for example De Gendt's Giro <> Vuelta contrast last year, or Hoogerland's lack of results after 2009)

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
Rujano's riding his first official race of the season and people have already written him off. It's very logical that he suffers here, many of the world's best climbers have targeted this race, with lots of racing km's in their legs, and some already in top shape.

He's already made good progress over the last days, so we'll see how his form progressed in Pais Vasco.

That has nothing to do with it. He seems to be involved in doping ring in Italy....