• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rujano can win this Giro, believes Savio

Page 44 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nex goal of Rujano: Tour de France!

“Mi principal objetivo es el Tour de Francia y pelear una etapa en esta carrera, que es la más importante del mundo. Sería muy importante para mí y para Venezuela"

"My main goal is the Tour de France and to fight for a stage win in this race, which is the most important race in the world. It would be very important for me and for Venezuela."

(He's only pre-selected by Vacansoleil:p)

i think rujanito can put some kerosene on the fire in the mountains in le tour. he must be angry after he was given red light for il giro.

he will ride tour de suisse so soon i gotta change the avatar.sorry killer...

giro 2011's best climbers meet again... can rujanito impress again?
090-PIC197065711.jpg

CONTADOR%20RUJANO%20PARTENZA.jpg

_O_

May 28, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Id love to see the look on Ryos face when Vacan announce De Gendt is the leader and not Rujano:D

He won't mind that particularly. If VCD decides to leave Rujano out of the selection again however, THEN he will be furious.(but he'd not be alone in this)

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Miburo said:
Rujano is for sure an ally for Contador. He still needs to repay a debt :cool:

Rujano soloed to two beautiful Giro stage wins in 2011 iirc. ;)

Btw the race itself will decide who'll be allies. Froome could just as well be Rujano's ally, who knows.

Pentacycle said:
He won't mind that particularly. If VCD decides to leave Rujano out of the selection again however, THEN he will be furious.(but he'd not be alone in this)

Ryo had a big rant a year and a half ago about how TDG is a joke of a rider who should never lead a gt. Me and the Belgian defense league (El P) disagreed. To have the greatest talent of the century play second fiddle to a peasant like De Gendt, it boils the blood.

And from VCD point of view they got to be thinking how much draft is anyone gonna get out of Rujanito:eek:

Red Rick said:
In before Rujano attacks on Ventoux and helps Contador pull away from Froome:eek:

See above.

The Hitch said:
Jens isnt serious though. I dont think so anyway.

Its like when we do the annual who will podium tdf poll and everyone had wiggins evans nibali and jens had cobo kashechkin froomey

well maybe not 100% serious but that doesn't mean that i wouldn't like it to happen.

rujano still can save his carreer and talent i think.
kash and turbo diesel can definitely ride with the cyclotourists i guess, they made their choice. cobo...god knows.

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
interesting but i'm disappointed that he's leaving as he showed such promise at the giro. Looks to me that the article is suggesting he will retire due to the doping investigation on him....

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
actually it does look like vacansoleil are folding this season. they haven't found a replacement sponsor and have told their riders to talk to other teams....