• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sagan Clean?

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

fmk_RoI said:
TeflonDub said:
fmk_RoI said:
TeflonDub said:
‪Any explanation for Sagan pedaling after finish line while everybody else is freewheeling? Almost as is those cranks are turning him and not the other way around!
Have we yet seen a version of a motor that is linked to the cranks?

At 2:00 into embedded video, CBS animation of what Varjas described to them and fitted into a Trek 5900 they provided him. It's pretty dated technology and doubt Sagan has something so old, just thought I would ask for opinions.

http://www.cetusnews.com/news/60-Minutes-investigates-hidden-motors-and-pro-cycling.rkm-TVG5YZ.html
You want an opinion? You're bonkers.

Ah, yes, the classic ad hominem dismissal. Thanks. I thought unclipping while making a final effort inside the last 200 meters of an uphill sprint and still being able to hold off GVA and Matthews was bonkers, so maybe me and bonkers belong together! But yeah, all bow to Sagan, so good he can beat the best on one leg.
https://youtu.be/Z2-h3PFjQHA

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

TeflonDub said:
So, on the day Sagan wins his third WC on the bounce after claiming to be ill all week, I have to go to the second page of the thread lists to find the 'Sagan Clean' thread? Has The Clinic drank the Kool Aid?

‪Any explanation for Sagan pedaling after finish line while everybody else is freewheeling? Almost as is those cranks are turning him and not the other way around! Allegedly. :D https://twitter.com/cyclingnieuws1/status/911963544719110145‬

Aint nobody believing Sagan is clean. No chance.

Re:

TeflonDub said:
So, on the day Sagan wins his third WC on the bounce after claiming to be ill all week, I have to go to the second page of the thread lists to find the 'Sagan Clean' thread? Has The Clinic drank the Kool Aid?

‪Any explanation for Sagan pedaling after finish line while everybody else is freewheeling? Almost as is those cranks are turning him and not the other way around! Allegedly. :D https://twitter.com/cyclingnieuws1/status/911963544719110145‬

Are you suggesting he might have had a motor because of that?

It's possible to keep pedalling after a sprint. Many do.

Worst evidence I've ever seen.

I dunno, after watching the clip a few times, it does look kind of odd. It's kind of like he forgot that he was riding a fixie, and needed to keep up with the crank speed.

Huapango said:

I dunno, after watching the clip a few times, it does look kind of odd. It's kind of like he forgot that he was riding a fixie, and needed to keep up with the crank speed.
From my memory I believe he does this (pedaling after finishing his sprint) almost always. I always thought it is part of recovery, i.e. that he changes the gears and spins a bit to relieve his legs after effort.

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site

Huapango said:

So how is he able to not pedal when he does the bike throw?

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site

PeterB said:
Huapango said:

From my memory I believe he does this (pedaling after finishing his sprint) almost always. I always thought it is part of recovery, i.e. that he changes the gears and spins a bit to relieve his legs after effort.

Part recovery, part idiosyncrasy probably.

Do sprinters use steroids or is it too glowy?

Between spinning fast after the finish of a race and stuffing his mouth with Harribo Gummies, Sagan might be onto something cutting-edge.

rekhyt said:
Huapango said:

So how is he able to not pedal when he does the bike throw?

new cutting edge state-of-the-art self aware computer chip that turns off the motor for a fraction of a second before the bike throw and then turn it on after finish...why does it turn it on after the finish? well the technology isnt quite there yet :geek:

Benotti69 said:
TeflonDub said:

Aint nobody believing Sagan is clean. No chance.

Certainly almost zero chance, I agree. Hey, he's a winning pro bike racer...

I won't say "no chance" because he's always been at a pretty high level, and coming from MTB he's got obvious skills.
But also no guarantee that he will be caught.

My take is that he's pretty gifted physically and reacts well to whatever "training program" he's on.

fmk_RoI said:
TeflonDub said:
fmk_RoI said:
TeflonDub said:
inside the last 200 meters of an uphill sprint
I thought the last 200 were downhill? I'll find a source for that claim, if you really insist...
What does Cat-3 mean?
It's a kind of cable, isn't it? Ethernet? Telephone?

Is this the general knowledge round?
I think what you meant to say was, "oh, sorry for trying to be a smart arse and getting so delighted with myself that I thought I caught you thinking the Bergen finish was an uphill finish when clever people like me who talk loudly in restaurants know that it was actually downhill so I had to jump on here really quickly to rub it in your face but I would have been better off noticing that the uphill finish you mentioned was in the YouTube clip you posted along with the comment about Sagan unclipping while still winning and that was actually Stage 3 of this year's tour with a Category 3 finish into Longwy and now I feel like such an idiot."

Damn autocorrect, right?

Jun 29, 2017
Visit site
OK- my opinion and just that!
When money is involved (and even not involved "see Olympics"), it becomes a show. The show makes money. What the athletes or performers will do to make the show good is everything they can can to make the show good. All sports that are making money off the public are sort of rigged are they not? I love cycling, but I watch all sports with a suspended disbelief. All sports are just like WWE which years ago people figured out was fake yet they still watch. Or is it fake? They are still performers doing all they can do to perform. You can either enjoy it or stop watching, it's your choice.

TRENDING THREADS