• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Settimana Internazionale Coppi e Bartali (2.1) 20th - 24th March

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
SafeBet said:
I'll check the highlights later but I'm guessing Ulissi helped Cunego in the sprint.

GC after stage 3:

1 (1) ULISSI Diego Lampre - Merida 8 11:19:13
2 (2) RUBIANO CHAVEZ Miguel Angel Androni - Venezuela 0:58
3 (3) CUNEGO Damiano Lampre - Merida 1:07
4 (4) REBELLIN Davide CCC Polsat Polkowice 1:40
5 (5) KONIG Leopold Team NetApp – Endura 1:42
6 (6) BASSO Ivan Cannondale Pro Cycling Team ,,
7 (7) BONGIORNO Francesco Manuel Bardiani Valvole - CSF Inox 1:46
8 (8) ZOIDL Riccardo Team Gourmetfein - Simplon 1:52
9 (9) PARDILLA BELLON Sergio Team MTN Qhubeka 2:17
10 (12) ROGINA Radoslav Adria Mobil 2:49

Lampre 1-2 in the end?

Close call. Stage 3 finish line action shot.

318-PIC353822363.jpg

Cunego picked up 10 bonus secs I believe.

Dazed and Confused said:
Close call. Stage 3 finish line action shot.

318-PIC353822363.jpg

Cunego picked up 10 bonus secs I believe.

Santa attacked 2kms from the finish and Cunego was the first to respond. Then Basso took over and was everybody's leadout, as always. Long sprint for Cunego, Santa almost made it.

I need to say Ulissi didn't look particularly brilliant in the final 2kms.

Props to Pirazzi for his usual kamikaze attack, to Felline who looks to be improving by the day and to Euser who was caught only 3kms from the finish.

Dazed and Confused said:
Thanks for the recap. It could be a long day in the office for Ulissi on Sunday.

Could be.
During the first half of the final climb he was always there with Cunego responding to attacks by Rubiano Chaves and others. But in the end he looked gassed and could barely hang in there.

Cunego on the other hand looked excellent the whole way up. Basso also clearly improving. He's gonna be ready for the Giro.

SafeBet said:
Could be.
During the first half of the final climb he was always there with Cunego responding to attacks by Rubiano Chaves and others. But in the end he looked gassed and could barely hang in there.

Cunego on the other hand looked excellent the whole way up. Basso also clearly improving. He's gonna be ready for the Giro.

RoboBasso 2013 edition incoming.
The Shark and the Knight are warned :cool:

:D

manafana said:
CUnego badly needed show some form hes been pretty poor so far this season, but not sure how good he is even with this win, santa has bit talent will be watching him in LBL or Amstel.

He was not bad in T/A, with two consecutive days in long breaks. He's still building up is form. Will be ready for the Ardennes.