• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stage 16: Pinzolo – Aprica 177 kms: Clinic version

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
If Contador outclimbed Pantani, I'm going to start having doubts he's on pan y agua. But until such time, let us marvel at the credible climbing at display here.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

mrhender said:
I just got home from work..

What happened?

Contador beast mode?
bert mechanical
astana drill it at the front
50s head start start at foot of mortirolo
hansa landa setting the pace
bert tts up the mountain, catches failing aru, drops him
hans abandons fab to go after ac.

May 31, 2011
Visit site
The stage was epic today but according to Vetooo Contador was only at 5.8W/kg up Mortirolo and at 45:16 was slower than Nibali, Scarponi and Basso in 2010 who went up in 44:39 (and had the benefit of the Liqiguas train for a while IIRC?)

Landa is much stronger than we have ever seen him but I don't think he did anything eye popping today. Compared to the previous three Tours and four Vueltas this hasn't been too alien.

Re: Re:

SeriousSam said:
mrhender said:
I just got home from work..

What happened?

Contador beast mode?
bert mechanical
astana drill it at the front
50s head start start at foot of mortirolo
hansa landa setting the pace
bert tts up the mountain, catches failing aru, drops him
hans abandons fab to go after ac.

damn- I missed the real action then :mad: . I started watching when Contador, Landa & Kruijswijk were 3K before cresting Il Mortirolo....... I MUST WATCH IT AS SOON AS I GET HOME.

As far as Clinic matters: LANDA is surely raising eyebrows with two stage wins and barely breathing today

Re:

T_S_A_R said:
The stage was epic today but according to Vetooo Contador was only at 5.8W/kg up Mortirolo and at 45:16 was slower than Nibali, Scarponi and Basso in 2010 who went up in 44:39 (and had the benefit of the Liqiguas train for a while IIRC?)

Landa is much stronger than we have ever seen him but I don't think he did anything eye popping today. Compared to the previous three Tours and four Vueltas this hasn't been too alien.
Agree, we must not forget the field is very low quality. Contador is the only top GT contender in "okay" shape, and even he is looking quite mediocre.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Re: Stage 16: Pinzolo – Aprica 177 kms:Where legends are mad

ChewbaccaDefense said:
because seriously, are you watching this sh!t?

Yes. And imagine, I enjoy it. :) As you and I do watching NFL. Even though knowing what is going on...

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Re:

58teeth said:
I'm still amazed by Landa.

Landa was ripe for doing a great GT. Especially after Trentino... Just wondered how they (AST) would waste him... And as we know now: They indeed wasted him. Sad story, AST "betting" on the wrong "horse" (Aru) even though they could have known better if trusting the numbers (which never lie). Doping or not.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
T_S_A_R said:

Agree, we must not forget the field is very low quality. Contador is the only top GT contender in "okay" shape, and even he is looking quite mediocre.

OK, didnt know that. :rolleyes:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
LaFlorecita said:
T_S_A_R said:

OK, didnt know that. :rolleyes:
Sarcasm or you don't agree? Kruijswijk and Trofimov are the 3rd and 4th best climber, lol

Re:

T_S_A_R said:

Other than crush the entire field, all of whom have actually ridden this race, at the speed it's been ridden, over this pacours.

The numbers are always somewhat interesting, but one has to temper them with what you see with your eyes. His ride was enough to hammer a clearly on-form Contador.

Which is absurd.

TRENDING THREADS