• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Steven Kruijswijk

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He wanst the stronger in Mortirolo stage as Contador insist on that day, but he was that say stronger than Contador and he has been very stromg all the Giro. Nice rider, Some years you are not lucky and you cant show your potential... at least he could do once a food Giro, other way for people will be very surprising becouse they jusy nedd lineal progresion results, and cycling is not lineal.

yeah he had a problem with his femoral artery in one of his legs from 2012. This caused one of his legs to get insufficient oxygen and it would get full of lactic acid much sooner than normal, so he'd ofcourse instantly lose half his power. Then after 2 surgery's, the final in end 2013, he finally recovered. Last year as helper for Mollema and Ten Dam 15th in the TDF and then he won the Arctic Tour in norway. But this is the real comeback

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
yeah he had a problem with his femoral artery in one of his legs from 2012. This caused one of his legs to get insufficient oxygen and it would get full of lactic acid much sooner than normal, so he'd ofcourse instantly lose half his power. Then after 2 surgery's, the final in end 2013, he finally recovered. Last year as helper for Mollema and Ten Dam 15th in the TDF and then he won the Arctic Tour in norway. But this is the real comeback

Thanks for the info, i hope people believe that story as I do, and the rest of the situations that cyclist and normal people face on his life.

Re: Re:

Sasquatch said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
He wants to ride the Tour as well. So I wonder how they will do that.

You would think with his recuperation it isn't a problem

Maybe he will go for the KOM jersey in the Tour to make up missing the one at the Giro? He could certainly ride with the best of them on some of the early mountaintop finishes to get points that way.
That he lost the KOM jersey to someone who appeared to do a lot less in the mountains than him indicates something. He thoroughly deserved it. :confused:

Re: Re:

sienna said:
Sasquatch said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
He wants to ride the Tour as well. So I wonder how they will do that.

You would think with his recuperation it isn't a problem

Maybe he will go for the KOM jersey in the Tour to make up missing the one at the Giro? He could certainly ride with the best of them on some of the early mountaintop finishes to get points that way.
That he lost the KOM jersey to someone who appeared to do a lot less in the mountains than him indicates something. He thoroughly deserved it. :confused:
He really focused on it a bit too late. My impression was that he just begun after the Mortirolo stage.

May 2, 2014
Visit site
TLJ Should let Kruijswijk go for a stage win on the Alpe tomorrow. Just like the Giro, he seems to be keeping his power where everybody else is completely drained. Gesink can manage on his own, losing maybe 1 spot in the GC is worth winning on Alpe d'Huez in my opinion.

Kruijswijk should end his season and rest, rest, rest. No need to make the same mistakes as in 2011 once again.

After it, he should slowly but purposeful build up for the Giro. Give him strong team to protect him, let him have a strong time-trial again and a strong final week due to his excellent recovery. With his diesel grimpeur skills, he might be able to surprise big time. As long as he is able to improve on his back found 2011 level.

Best shot for Lotto to get a grand tour podium imho. They just have to use him right. His race is the Giro. He's a Dutch version of Ivan Basso.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

BigMac said:
His wide shoulders. He looks like a cargo plane ready to take off.
He has amazing 'position' on a bike, very good to watch :)
Good Tour after exhausting Giro.

I hope he makes some races interesting in september again.

I just hope he goes 100% for the Giro again next year.
F the Tour Stevie! The colder weather suits you more and your always good at the Giro. If you don't end up losing heaps of time in the first week we all know you can compete with the best. Who knows you might end up on the podium there.

If he can put up a similar performance to that of last year's ITT performance, where he was 5th, then I'm starting to think the podium is within reach. Ultimately that would also require the same climbing shape as last year - something I'm not that convinved he can find, as of yet.

TRENDING THREADS