• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Steven Kruijswijk

Page 37 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

staubsauger said:
He tried last year, but was reeled back in by Sky. Not sure whether he risks it again with that in mind. Still, he hasn't got the kick to create a gap and can't even stomp away like Fuglsang & Riis. Then, the speed is very high so far on the climbs and Ineos might be a bit better in the Alps again.
That was a crazy move, and looked for all the world like a prolonged set-up to benefit Roglic. He won’t try/be allowed to go clear from anything like that distance now.

I can see him being the only one to follow Pinot on a given day, and then gaining time on Tibo the next.

You're wrong though. On the Tourmalet only 2 guys were better, with 1 in the same time.
In the last stage 6 GC riders were placed better, with 1 (thomas) in the same time.

How that makes you conclude 5/6 are better is a mystery to me. Unless you are actually weird enough to count LPDBF which is as anti-Kruijswijk as it can be, certainly the way they raced it (short explosion at the end). Discounting that, he made almost 2 mins on Fuglsang in the Pyrenees alone

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
You're wrong though. On the Tourmalet only 2 guys were better, with 1 in the same time.
In the last stage 6 GC riders were placed better, with 1 (thomas) in the same time.

How that makes you conclude 5/6 are better is a mystery to me. Unless you are actually weird enough to count LPDBF which is as anti-Kruijswijk as it can be, certainly the way they raced it (short explosion at the end). Discounting that, he made almost 2 mins on Fuglsang in the Pyrenees alone

I think you can count LPDBF, just because it doesnt suit him doesnt make less valid. Still the only guys I think you can say have climbed better than him are Pinot and Bernal.

Re: Re:

Midnightfright said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

I think you can count LPDBF, just because it doesnt suit him doesnt make less valid. Still the only guys I think you can say have climbed better than him are Pinot and Bernal.

We should conclude all +2000m climbs don't count either and hail Valverde as one of the greatest climbers that ever exists :D

Of course LPDBF should be counted, it is freaking monster of a climb, not some Spanish murito.

Red Rick said:
Flamin said:
According to Bram Tankink, Kruijswijk shouldn't attack and just hope the others have a bad day :eek:

I was baffled for some time when I watched this yesterday. Get this guy off TV forever please.

From 02:00 (if you're able to watch):

https://sporza.be/nl/2019/07/24/tankink-kruijswijk-moet-niet-aanvallen-om-de-tour-te-winnen/
Well he's most certainly not the first guy who needs to take the initiative.

Does it matter who should be the first guy? Whoever is behind should do something at some point if he wants to win the race.

Tankink is effectively saying to do nothing, which is mindboggling.

Flamin said:
Red Rick said:
Flamin said:
According to Bram Tankink, Kruijswijk shouldn't attack and just hope the others have a bad day :eek:

I was baffled for some time when I watched this yesterday. Get this guy off TV forever please.

https://sporza.be/nl/2019/07/24/tankink-kruijswijk-moet-niet-aanvallen-om-de-tour-te-winnen/

Does it matter who should be the first guy? Whoever is behind should do something at some point if he wants to win the race.

Tankink doesn't add anything on television. He's hyped because he has a funny accent, but that's it.

Bardamu said:
Flamin said:
Red Rick said:
Flamin said:

Tankink doesn't add anything on television. He's hyped because he has a funny accent, but that's it.
I'm from that area. It still sounds ridiculous to me

Red Rick said:
tobydawq said:
Red Rick said:
del1962 said:
What effect did Bennett's crash yesterday have on his chances?
0, cause they were 0 anyway

They're not, really (I assume the poster meant Kruijswijk's chances, not Bennett's).
And I was talking about Kruijswijk's chances.

Okay, I don't think he will win either, but it's really an unfounded exaggeration to say that he has zero chance.

TRENDING THREADS