• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Subpoenas issued -- Armstrong's goose is cooked

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Darryl Webster said:
Good grief , he looks to be populer with air headed teanagers eh?...)

Air headed teanagers are obsessed with blood sucking vampires these days.

Maybe Lance and his blood bags will make a cameo appearance in the next "Twilight" movie swoon.

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
richwagmn said:
I wonder if Lance wishes he had just paid off Landis or let him race or whatever he wanted. Would have been a lot cheaper.

Still not sure how this all goes down without a smoking gun (I guess 99 TDF samples might work).

Lance don't wish nothing, he shakes people down, he don't let nobody do it to him though, at least that is what his ego tells him. Reality is somewhat different, life's a ditch and he's been in that a few times these last couple of weeks.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestones said:
I wasn't aware that you can 'decide' whether to go or not.

Well, obviously, you may not show up, but how stupid would you be to do that?
That's kind of what I was thinking....

Subpoena is a writ issued by a government agency, most often a court, that has authority to compel testimony by a witness or production of evidence under a penalty for failure or face punishment.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
stephens said:
So...by saying he's not sure if he's going to show up, what is Lemond doing? Is he fishing for another payoff or what?

how do you know what he is saying? Have you got the direct quote or are you listening to the trolls on here? Original interview was in French. do you speak French? or are you part of LA's trolling that is going on trying to drag LeMond into LA's cesspit?

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Benotti 69, for whatever reason I cannot seem to download the files to listen, to the David Walsh interview. I'll probably buy the book anyway
But did you have any more details, links where i can read up about "cofidis did not want him to leave".

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Duumbass comment by LeMond. Obviously doesnt understand the concept of a subpoena! I think he's just tryna play it cool. This is what I do with the feral *****s who express interest in me. They as if I'm gonna be at the party .. so I'm like "yeah dunno. see how I feel". But of course I'm going. There's beer.

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
sars1981 said:
Duumbass comment by LeMond. Obviously doesnt understand the concept of a subpoena! I think he's just tryna play it cool. This is what I do with the feral *****s who express interest in me. They as if I'm gonna be at the party .. so I'm like "yeah dunno. see how I feel". But of course I'm going. There's beer.

Lemond understands most concepts, that is why he is where he is. Getting it across to you or anyone else is not a particularly great concern of his. What he knows and what he says are not the same thing, the obfuscation is not neccessarily deliberate, often his thinking and spoken word mingle in his mind, thereby fulfilling his obligation, to himself anyway and by his own assumption, you also know what he thinks he said.

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
D Avoid said:
Lemond understands most concepts, that is why he is where he is. Getting it across to you or anyone else is not a particularly great concern of his. What he knows and what he says are not the same thing, the obfuscation is not neccessarily deliberate, often his thinking and spoken word mingle in his mind, thereby fulfilling his obligation, to himself anyway and by his own assumption, you also know what he thinks he said.

You might be able to be a poor man's Virginia Woolf if you keep practicing writing like that.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
BJFANC said:
Benotti 69, for whatever reason I cannot seem to download the files to listen, to the David Walsh interview. I'll probably buy the book anyway
But did you have any more details, links where i can read up about "cofidis did not want him to leave".

Pierre Ballestar did the research on the cofidis. a chapter dedicated in the book to it.

link works for me.

i use a Mac powerbook G4

try this

http://competitorradio.competitor.com/files/2009/08/139Competitors-DavidWalsh-Part1.mp3

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
arrhythmia rules said:
There is lots coming together. Trek and Armstrong formed a conspiracy to defraud Lemond, a whole raft of people probably willing to testify that Armstrong doped - including his wife. LA role in team doping, in managing the team along with the Hog. It is all coming together. His team certainly was the best organised in the peleton and I am sure had the very best doping regime. He was the king and imposed his will and regime because his image counted as money and he was / is ruthless.

So comes the relationship with the US cycling, the UCI, possible attempt at bribing someone to frame Lemond, what role did Armstrong have in removing Patrice Clerk from the TdF - we all suspected that Armstrong was the reason Clerk had to go but did he have a role in it?

I can see some taken out by this investigation, perhaps they will get LA and or the Hog but we need USA cycling cleaned out, the UCI sorted, doping removed from UCI control, ASO cleaned out from its current toleration of doping / LA in cow tow to money. ASO has too much power in cycling - we need effective counter balances.

These later will be harder and require national bodies to put cycling before money and the results at all costs mentality.

That will be harder.

There is one political driver that might make this investigation work. If the US justice system can take down someone as publicly important as LA then it shifts the light from its failure to challenge the major corruptions. So it just may drive this hard and throw LA to the lions. Here is hoping as the harder LA is hit the greater the chances of reforming the wider cycling bodies.

Wow this is like reading a fantasy novel. Your whole first paragraph is chocker with speculation. You should ring the Feds now, they would love to have all the information that you have.:rolleyes:

About the only thing missing is Lance's role in the JFK assassination plot. Uh thats right he wasn't born then...but no matter you can fit him in anyway!

stephens said:
And yet he can't even nail down Bonds! The lab is known, the dealers are known, the trainer is known, many other "clients" of Balco known, but...Novitsky hasn't been able to haul the big fish into the boat.

The even have urine samples from Bonds - which the circuit court ruled are inadmissible because trainer Anderson won't testify. That means they are just hearsay and inadmissible. Surely Armstrong will have as much loyalty from his people as Bonds receives from his, and Armstrong will have an easier time defeating Novitsky. Novitsky has lost a lot of credibility from his actions in the Balco case anyway - false testimony, manufactured evidence, etc.

I still think the authorities need to stick to proving the violation itself and stop this crap about charging people with lying about the violation. An individual should never be required to tell the truth about anything he/she has done. They shouldn't even be able to ask us about what we've done. Either there is enough evidence, or there isn't. Perjury charges are ridiculous.

The trial date has been set for Bonds: March 2011.
Also, it looks like Bonds is spreading the money around now...
http://www.mwza.com/barry-bonds-20k-national-association-of-black-journalists-donation/

Trying to make friends Barry?

Edit: From TMZ..
"Bonds -- who faces 11 felony counts of perjury and obstruction of justice for his testimony during a 2003 MLB steroid investigation -- has been ordered to appear in federal court in San Francisco on March 21, 2011.

Bonds allegedly tested positive for steroids three times before his 2003 testimony -- but claimed in 2003 that he never knowingly used the substance.

Bonds has already pled not guilty and has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing."

This is what Bonds will go to jail for. Same is Armstrong when his day in court comes.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
VeloGirl said:
This is what Bonds will go to jail for. Same is Armstrong when his day in court comes.

Yeah but Lance has never tested positive thats why hes still racing and kickin *** and you girls are still typing away like it makes a difference.

Get your facts right before you start comparing cases. Lance also donated his money to charaties like cancer and the uci before caught cases so he has plenty of friends now.

Get with the program, go for a ride, stop hating, Livestrong.

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
WonderLance said:
Yeah but Lance has never tested positive thats why hes still racing and kickin *** and you girls are still typing away like it makes a difference.

Get your facts right before you start comparing cases. Lance also donated his money to charaties like cancer and the uci before caught cases so he has plenty of friends now.

You are quite the comedian. LiveStrong to you, too.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
i-luv.asp.png

May 18, 2009
Visit site
WonderLance said:

I like this guy. I can feel his positive attitude flowing thru the internets.

"Charities like the UCI". :D

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
ChrisE said:
I like this guy. I can feel his positive attitude flowing thru the internets.

"Charities like the UCI". :D

yes love is always more powerful than hate.

Perhaps you will help me in my campaign to become a moderator in this forum

36897_1312707024352_1430956017_30657968_4887718_n.jpg

WonderLance, you sure give an awful lot of love and support to someone who wouldn't give you the time of day should you meet him face to face. Well..unless, of course, there were cameras around.

"Stop hating"? I think traveling with the Dead for several years qualifies me as a "non-hater" :D Try a different approach.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
WonderLance said:
yes love is always more powerful than hate.

Perhaps you will help me in my campaign to become a moderator in this forum

36897_1312707024352_1430956017_30657968_4887718_n.jpg

My support would be the surest way for you not to become a moderator.

I do like the idea, though. My prayers to the Flying Spaghetti Monster for your speedy ascendency to the moderator team are forthcoming.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
In the annals of history, Lance's 7 Tour victories will be right alongside the cleaning of the Augean stables.

I think it will rank evenly with the other drugged cyclists who've won GT's in the EPO era.

So essentially everyone since 1991-1993.

TRENDING THREADS